Vehicle GPS Trackers

Grumpy Old Man

Does anyone use a quality, reliable and accurate GPS Tracker system on their cars or bikes ?

I am looking for a portable, reliable and accurate GPS Tracker unit / system that I can move between cars and bikes.

I have seen the copies / fakes of the original “Track Star GPS” units online but you’ll be lucky if they even turn on and go through setup.

Thank you in advance for your information and advice 

• 2 months later...

"My daughter just learned to drive, I use it to monitor the safety of the car."

Haha...right....just to monitor the safety of the car. You would never, ever be interested in where she might be going....

So all these devices you must have a subscription to some service that you pay each month? Isn't there something you can track independently on your phone? 

Edited by Trujillo
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 2:38 PM, Grumpy Old Man said:

Does anyone use a quality, reliable and accurate GPS Tracker system on their cars or bikes ?

yes I have a TKStar GPS tracker. SIM card, magnetic and has a phone app.

i can track my motorcycle everywhere I go and it goes. Vibration alarm. Real time tracking from anywhere in the world.

Battery lasts about 30 days before recharge.

I helped a friend and he put it in his car and now he sees how much his girlfriend lies to him. not kidding.  

• Haha 1

I think there's a unit created right in Thailand for very accurate tracking, model #000-TM30 or something like that. Very popular with the government, not rated so well with expats though.

• Haha 1

On the TKStar GPS Tracker - did some digging on google and note that this tracker uses GSM/GPRS - does it also support 3G/4G ? And does it use the small sized SIM card which is common nowadays or the large SIM card size ?

And is the app supported on Android/IOS ?

Want to get one of these but just want to make sure it supports 3G/4G. Thanks for your help.

• 10 months later...