DLT QR licence app

So, I recently got my permanent 5 year license, with my name in Thai and 13-digit ID number, with the new format and qr code and registered it to the DLT app. The app's functionality is a pleasant surprise! I am able to store there my emergency details, wife's name and number, blood group, insurance policy numbers, preferred hospitals and organ donation plans etc! Amazing! It can also be used to report an accident. The data will supposedly show up after anyone scanning my license. The app also displays both of my licenses. I know the DL is not an official ID but this seems even better option than a photo/scan to identify my self around the country. One question remains though. Will the police accept the app for license now for both car and motorbike? All I know that when the app was released the police tried to ignore it. What is the current situation?

A foreigner friend of mine just registered on the DLT application with the passport number that is shown on his DL .  It work fine.

The only thing is that you need a Thai friend to register as the instruction are all in Thai language  only.

I could view his DL on his phone ( both of them ).

You say your name is in Thai script. Did they translate your name upon application or is it in Thai because your documents in the application already had the Thai name?

Mine is in English and due for renewal (I heard you get 1 year to renew it from the expiry?) in October. All that info stored for an emergency is a great idea and actually a step ahead of Australia. I do wonder though if it will just be another good idea that falls by the wayside and gets forgotten about. The I Lert You app is a good example of that.

You say your name is in Thai script. Did they translate your name upon application or is it in Thai because your documents in the application already had the Thai name?

Mine is in English and due for renewal (I heard you get 1 year to renew it from the expiry?) in October. All that info stored for an emergency is a great idea and actually a step ahead of Australia. I do wonder though if it will just be another good idea that falls by the wayside and gets forgotten about. The I Lert You app is a good example of that.

My name is in thai script cos I used my pink ID card at DLT. It can be issues after you are issued a yellow tabien baan book for registering your permanent address in Thailand. To do that census registration you must have your passport translated to Thai. It’s best to find out yourself what is the closest and best Thai transliteration for your and your parents’ names for this process. Then you will be able to advice the translator the get it as correct as possible.

Renewing a temporary 2 year DL to permanent 5 year DL can be done one year before the expiration date. Tje permanent 90 days prior.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived