TM30 Needed?

I will be visiting Cheang Watanna next week to extend my 'O' marriage visa. I've heard recently that immigration are now asking for a TM30 to be included with the application. Is this true? I've never had to supply one before and don't remember seeing it on the list of requirements for the extension.

Has anyone been asked for it?

Cheers

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A TM30 report will need to be done before you apply for your extension now. You will then have a receipt for it to show when you apply for your extension.

So UJ, just to clarify.... Even if you did your TM30 online or by post etc, you will still need to clear "tm30" desk (think B) in addition to standard L section for other docs. I'm ignorant on this more than most as I did one by mail several years ago at time if first extension and never since. Put it another way....upon my last reentry to los prior to next extension can I do tm30 perhaps by mail and skip tm30 check at CW. 

Hope that's not confusing.

I am also confused on this TM30 buiness still. How do you do a TM30 report? Can you do it yourself or can it be done by others? If you are living in your own condo that is. This still confuses me.

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So UJ, just to clarify.... Even if you did your TM30 online or by post etc, you will still need to clear "tm30" desk (think B) in addition to standard L section for other docs. I'm ignorant on this more than most as I did one by mail several years ago at time if first extension and never since.

You only have to do TM30 report if one has never been done.

Chaeng Wattana immigration has not stated a new is need after a trip out of the country.

They seem to be doing a catch up for them since they had not been asking for them before.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

I am also confused on this TM30 buiness still. How do you do a TM30 report? Can you do it yourself or can it be done by others? If you are living in your own condo that is. This still confuses me.

You can do one yourself if you own your condo.

6 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Own condo you need to do it. If your cw imm office it hasn't been required in the past. Now seems it is. 

Its their country their rules but for an xpat like yourself its crazy. Supposedly its about knowing where all the aliens are. Ridiculous. Tm30 is a complete nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You only have to do TM30 report if one has never been done.

Chaeng Wattana immigration has not stated a new is need after a trip out of the country.

They seem to be doing a catch up for them since they had not been asking for them before.

Perhaps I'm not the only person about my next Q.

I know I did a tm30 by mail CW several yrs back by mail. Even though I included return envelope, I never had a reply. For last several extensions have never been asked about tm30. I always take my lease.  Live same place since my first extension. Ubon do you think I should post a tm30 upon last reentry before next extension .

Thankyou

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Ubon do you think I should post a tm30 upon last reentry before next extension .

It is that or take the chance that the TM30 form you did before is shown in their records and they will not ask for one.

Thanks for your answers.

It looks like my wife will have to do it, as she's technically the owner of the house.

I really don't see the point of the TM30 though. I give my address every time I do my 90 day report.

But, as Dr Jack says.......It's their country.

7 minutes ago, jaiyenyen said:

Thanks for your answers.

It looks like my wife will have to do it, as she's technically the owner of the house.

I really don't see the point of the TM30 though. I give my address every time I do my 90 day report.

But, as Dr Jack says.......It's their country.

Just check that bit out about wife doing it. Think you can do it as "possessor". Might be more easy. Someone more expert can give you definitive advice.

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Just check that bit out about wife doing it. Think you can do it as "possessor". Might be more easy. Someone more expert can give you definitive advice.

Best for his wife to do it since she is the owner.

I don't understand why it is a big issue. If not done, they will fine you. They won't send you to gulag. Just pay the fine and get over it. Every time I say my agent does it, scores of people will jump in and post how easy it is to do it online. So, do it online. If you face problem, pay the fine. This is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

I don't understand why it is a big issue. If not done, they will fine you. They won't send you to gulag. Just pay the fine and get over it. Every time I say my agent does it, scores of people will jump in and post how easy it is to do it online. So, do it online. If you face problem, pay the fine. This is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. 

For me its not the 800baht fine. Its about avoiding added wait at CW. 

I understand guys some guys using an agent. I am soooo close to that now. In my 60,s niw and a day wasted at cw is a day I could rather pay an agent 4. In au my day was maybe worth 600aud. So I'm not against agents. BTW I read its not so easy online, but point taken

• Like 2

I own a condo in BKK and did a retirement extension at CW on Wednesday.  I was sent to the B desk to complete a TM30, luckily i had brought my yellow tabian bann.  People without one or a rental contract were told to return with one, delaying their extension.  The TM30, B desk lady told me I had to register again within 24 hours of re-entering Thailand.  She gave me a letter in Thai "explaining" everything although I have no idea what it says.  

My extension took 7 hours .....

tm30 1.jpg

tm30 2.jpg

2 hours ago, cherp said:

I own a condo in BKK and did a retirement extension at CW on Wednesday.  I was sent to the B desk to complete a TM30, luckily i had brought my yellow tabian bann.  People without one or a rental contract were told to return with one, delaying their extension.  The TM30, B desk lady told me I had to register again within 24 hours of re-entering Thailand.  She gave me a letter in Thai "explaining" everything although I have no idea what it says.  

tm30 1.jpg

tm30 2.jpg

Well Thailand just got seriously f... up for me. I exit and reenter too often for this rubbish. Good news for the agents, which perhaps intention in first place. 

• Like 2

CW are now very anal about filing TM30 before conducting any other business such as extensions. If you have a TM30 receipt that you have stapled in your PP then you are probably fine even if not since your last entry. They may or may not check. TM30 at CW is s real P. I. T. A and I don't bother unless having to conduct an extension or other business. After owning my own bkk condo since 2010 I never did this until 2018 when needing to deal with Immigration. It was mobbed at B desks at end of April 2019 as the crackdown on foreigners (not just farangs) has spurred owners/managers to file TM30s on behalf of all alien residents. Nightmare. 

5 hours ago, cherp said:

tm30 1.jpg

tm30 2.jpg

Cherp, 

I also own my own condo in bkk and have filed TM30 3 times in last 6 months at CW. It's a real P.IT.A these days as the crackdown has seen longer queues and move from J desk to B desks. I just show my chanote, purchase contract and passport copies. The receipt takes 5 minutes (after a 3 hour wait). Only need to file if intending on doing any other immigration business this stay. If not then no need to bother filing as unlikely to get checked or caught without filing. Online is possible with application by sending copies of all documents however my login stopped working after 2 months so gave up. 

Edited by soi3eddie

9 hours ago, cherp said:

Thanks for this report.

Of the total of seven hours...

If you remember...approx. how long did the TM30 take to file? Three? 

And how long did the TM7 take to complete? Four?

Did you use the 800k method? 65k income method? Anything unusual/unexpected in the document requirements?

19 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Anyone know how to do this? Just fill in the form and mail it or are there other requirements?

Have been assembling a list, from posts here and elsewhere...not 100% guaranteed to be applicable for all offices, primary focus is on Div. 1/CW

Most people report success filing TM30 by post. It seems like Div. 1/CW simply wants to see a tick in the TM30 box on our records which matches the address we might be using for any current immigration activities, not really caring who reports us.

- TM30

-the blue book (signed by the thai) or Yellow Book + Chanote
-the thai i/d of the person in the blue book (signed by the thai)
-the data page of your passport
-the thai visa in your passport (if you have one)
-your most recent entry stamp
-your extension (if you have one)
-the TM.6 departure card
-your lease

Address is:
90 DAYS REGISTRATION TM-30
IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1
Chalermprakiat Government Complex
120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,
LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

Return envelope with address and 10 THB stamps attached

Believe some offices, like Chonburi accept TM30's via email, YMMV.

22 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Anyone know how to do this? Just fill in the form and mail it or are there other requirements?

You include a self addressed envelop. I did one several years ago but never received slip back. Haven't ever done tm30 or 90 day report in last 7 yrs as in/out country often. My latest brainwave is to do tm30 via mail upon my last entry to los prior to next extension and ignore all my other entries. If that doesn't work guess they get to squeeze another 800baht out of me. Frankly I would spend MUCH more not to visit CW zoo

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Perhaps I'm not the only person about my next Q.

I know I did a tm30 by mail CW several yrs back by mail. Even though I included return envelope, I never had a reply. For last several extensions have never been asked about tm30. I always take my lease.  Live same place since my first extension. Ubon do you think I should post a tm30 upon last reentry before next extension .

Thankyou

based on my recent visit to CW, it appears that everyone requesting a queue number for the L desk is also given a queue number for the B desk and told to get a TM30 form from the front/info desk.  i don't think anyone can skip the B desk at this point, maybe next year.

i had an issue as i stay in a hotel in buriram once a month so they filed a TM30 in the system and that knocked out the TM30 filed by my apartment manager.  i had to call my apt mgr (while i was at CW) and have her go online and refile (it was done in a few minutes).  in your case, it sounds like your TM30 for your main residence is still on file so you should have a short visit with the B desk officer.  good idea to take your lease just in case but you may need a cover letter from the landlord also.  i didn't take a copy of my lease and would not have got my extension approved if i didn't get the apt mgr to refile online.

i don't think you have to report returning to the country, you just have to make sure the most recent TM30 on file for you matches the address you are reporting as your main residence in thailand (as noted, mine did not, it was a hotel in buriram).  i say this as i asked the B desk officer what i should do given my frequent trips to buriram (staying in hotel) plus several trips out of the country each year (i'm never here for more than 90 days, but stay about 8 months total each year).  she told me to make sure my main residence TM30 is filed before i go to CW next year.

i have no idea how it will work for the next year, will i still have to go to B desk next year before i go to the L desk ?  i know i'll ask my apt mgr to update my TM30 online before i go and i'll also bring a lease with a cover letter from apt mgr just in case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Have been assembling a list, from posts here and elsewhere...not 100% guaranteed to be applicable for all offices, primary focus is on Div. 1/CW

Most people report success filing TM30 by post. It seems like Div. 1/CW simply wants to see a tick in the TM30 box on our records which matches the address we might be using for any current immigration activities, not really caring who reports us.

- TM30

-the blue book (signed by the thai) or Yellow Book + Chanote
-the thai i/d of the person in the blue book (signed by the thai)
-the data page of your passport
-the thai visa in your passport (if you have one)
-your most recent entry stamp
-your extension (if you have one)
-the TM.6 departure card
-your lease

Address is:
90 DAYS REGISTRATION TM-30
IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1
Chalermprakiat Government Complex
120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,
LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

Return envelope with address and 10 THB stamps attached

Believe some offices, like Chonburi accept TM30's via email, YMMV.

Thanks for precise list. Are first 2 points about blue book etc required if you do tm30 as "possessor". I live in condo where everyone has a lease. I think I'm the only farang in entire building. Dealing with the owner (a company) would not be straight forward.

2 minutes ago, buick said:

i know i'll ask my apt mgr to update my TM30 online

Have the apt. mgr do a screenshot of the online system's SEARCH result, showing your record, print it out, bring it with you.

Page 26-27 of the user's guide.

Agree that some sort of filing after a most recent re-entry, and before going to Imm. is a good idea.

search-1.jpg

search-2.jpg

Address_manual_1.pdf

I should add....apologizes to mtls and buick and others about myself stating tm30 never required at CW in other related threads.

At least I did state that I have been outside Thailand several weeks and hadn't been following Thaivisa. My how things can change quickly. The up to date info from members is appreciated. Thanks for cutting me some slack. Seems next visit to cw will be even more enjoyable. 

• Like 1