BANGKOK 27 June 2019 07:12

I will be visiting Cheang Watanna next week to extend my 'O' marriage visa. I've heard recently that immigration are now asking for a TM30 to be included with the application. Is this true? I've never had to supply one before and don't remember seeing it on the list of requirements for the extension.

Has anyone been asked for it?

Cheers

A TM30 report will need to be done before you apply for your extension now. You will then have a receipt for it to show when you apply for your extension.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A TM30 report will need to be done before you apply for your extension now. You will then have a receipt for it to show when you apply for your extension.

So UJ, just to clarify.... Even if you did your TM30 online or by post etc, you will still need to clear "tm30" desk (think B) in addition to standard L section for other docs. I'm ignorant on this more than most as I did one by mail several years ago at time if first extension and never since. Put it another way....upon my last reentry to los prior to next extension can I do tm30 perhaps by mail and skip tm30 check at CW. 

Hope that's not confusing.

I am also confused on this TM30 buiness still. How do you do a TM30 report? Can you do it yourself or can it be done by others? If you are living in your own condo that is. This still confuses me.

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So UJ, just to clarify.... Even if you did your TM30 online or by post etc, you will still need to clear "tm30" desk (think B) in addition to standard L section for other docs. I'm ignorant on this more than most as I did one by mail several years ago at time if first extension and never since.

You only have to do TM30 report if one has never been done.

Chaeng Wattana immigration has not stated a new is need after a trip out of the country.

They seem to be doing a catch up for them since they had not been asking for them before.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

I am also confused on this TM30 buiness still. How do you do a TM30 report? Can you do it yourself or can it be done by others? If you are living in your own condo that is. This still confuses me.

You can do one yourself if you own your condo.

6 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Own condo you need to do it. If your cw imm office it hasn't been required in the past. Now seems it is. 

Its their country their rules but for an xpat like yourself its crazy. Supposedly its about knowing where all the aliens are. Ridiculous. Tm30 is a complete nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You only have to do TM30 report if one has never been done.

Chaeng Wattana immigration has not stated a new is need after a trip out of the country.

They seem to be doing a catch up for them since they had not been asking for them before.

Perhaps I'm not the only person about my next Q.

I know I did a tm30 by mail CW several yrs back by mail. Even though I included return envelope, I never had a reply. For last several extensions have never been asked about tm30. I always take my lease.  Live same place since my first extension. Ubon do you think I should post a tm30 upon last reentry before next extension .

Thankyou

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Ubon do you think I should post a tm30 upon last reentry before next extension .

It is that or take the chance that the TM30 form you did before is shown in their records and they will not ask for one.

Thanks for your answers.

It looks like my wife will have to do it, as she's technically the owner of the house.

I really don't see the point of the TM30 though. I give my address every time I do my 90 day report.

But, as Dr Jack says.......It's their country.

7 minutes ago, jaiyenyen said:

Thanks for your answers.

It looks like my wife will have to do it, as she's technically the owner of the house.

I really don't see the point of the TM30 though. I give my address every time I do my 90 day report.

But, as Dr Jack says.......It's their country.

Just check that bit out about wife doing it. Think you can do it as "possessor". Might be more easy. Someone more expert can give you definitive advice.

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Just check that bit out about wife doing it. Think you can do it as "possessor". Might be more easy. Someone more expert can give you definitive advice.

Best for his wife to do it since she is the owner.

I was just about to ask that question.

It's not clear who should fill in the form, but after looking at it I reckon it will be best if my wife does it.

I don't understand why it is a big issue. If not done, they will fine you. They won't send you to gulag. Just pay the fine and get over it. Every time I say my agent does it, scores of people will jump in and post how easy it is to do it online. So, do it online. If you face problem, pay the fine. This is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1