TM30 Needed?

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Agree that some sort of filing after a most recent re-entry, and before going to Imm. is a good idea.

i'm not planning to file after returning from a trip outside thailand.  at least for now.  but i will refile if i stay in a hotel in thailand as their TM30 will knock out my normal residence TM30.

and thanks for the tip on the screen shot.  that is a great idea.  i'm lucky as the mgr is onsite all day mon-fri so an easy thing to get from her and provide proof to the B desk (or L desk if i'm lucky enough to skip the B desk next time). 

i didn't mention this in my other posts in a couple threads on the topic of my visit to CW but the B desk person never gave me a receipt for the TM30.  i was asked for a receipt twice at the L desk, by the IO after the doc check and then the final interview/sign off IO.  i think my apt mgr and the B desk officer might have had a bit of spat over the phone and that might be the reason i didn't get one.  but i explained to both IO's that my TM30 was complete online (and it was double checked by both of these IO's).  the final sign off guy seemed to imply it was impossible that i'd completed the B desk task if i didn't get a receipt.

Edited by buick

29 minutes ago, buick said:

i'm not planning to file after returning from a trip outside thailand.  at least for now.  but i will refile if i stay in a hotel in thailand as their TM30 will knock out my normal residence TM30.

I'm just a tad worried that the (new) TM-6 details (number) will trigger a (new) TM-30 check. But maybe not if the address(es) match?

As we have the online system available I'm less hesitant to file, for now. That said, I currently have no known TM-30 on file, and was able to successfully do a 90-day report (online) this week. Heading out of the country soon, and will file a TM-30 online the evening of my return, in advance of a whole slew of Immigration activities coming up afterward. 

Our current working plan to report everyone after a re-entry, and try to report everyone who may have been reported at a hotel. We're using LINE to transmit the TM-6 details (number, port of entry, date is all that's required to update excel spreadsheet). (Note that some hospitals report foreigners via the online system if they're staying overnight.)

29 minutes ago, buick said:

but the B desk person never gave me a receipt for the TM30

Did you actually complete a TM-30 form? Both pages?

Oh, right, your apt. mgr filed online while you were at CW, hence no receipt. Obviously Imm. can see the online filing status as complete. And that process seems nearly instantaneous. 

Did you have to pay a fine?

The receipt is a tear-off at the bottom of page 1. (No receipt is given using the online system.)

TM30 (1).doc

Edited by mtls2005

On 5/18/2019 at 8:05 PM, mtls2005 said:

Did you actually complete a TM-30 form? Both pages?

Oh, right, your apt. mgr filed online while you were at CW, hence no receipt. Obviously Imm. can see the online filing status as complete. And that process seems nearly instantaneous. 

Did you have to pay a fine?

i did complete the form, both pages.  did not have to pay a fine.  but one would assume the B desk person would give me the receipt/bottom of form if it is required at the next step.  but, as you note, i guess the online entry by my mgr eliminated the need for the receipt.  maybe i was the first person under the new system to have the TM30 'problem' solved that way.  the final sign off IO was quite serious about having the receipt, as if he'd never processed someone w/o one.

Just to add to the confusion, I just collected my passport after sending it to CW yesterday (I use an agent as its cheaper than the taxi fare) for a 90 day report.

I have never submitted nor had submitted a TM30. Did not seem to be an issue for me as I now have the 90 day report receipt and no request for TM30.

I am definitely going to submit one by post though after my next international trip. 

Just to add to the confusion, I just collected my passport after sending it to CW yesterday (I use an agent as its cheaper than the taxi fare) for a 90 day report.

I have never submitted nor had submitted a TM30. Did not seem to be an issue for me as I now have the 90 day report receipt and no request for TM30.

I am definitely going to submit one by post though after my next international trip. 
Me too. CW certainly seem to have a relaxed and inconsistent approach to TM30 reporting, but I don't want to risk my next Extension being held up or denied.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

I was able to successfully complete an online 90-day report last week. AFAIK, no TM30 on file for me. (Div. 1/CW)

But there have been reports, from both in-person and online 90-day report filers encountering issues which required a TM30 to be filed.

No clues on the inconsistencies? Maybe maintaining one single consistent address which matches all known records (TM-6, TM-7, TM-8, TM-47, etc.)?

I plan to file a TM30 online just after my next intl return, which is just prior to my next ext stay/ret.

Edited by mtls2005