Thai driving: This one takes some believing!

rooster59

21 hours ago, rooster59 said:

There was no word on the condition of the car driver. 

How's this possible?     

• harada
  • Advanced Members
  • 1,437 posts

"He's lucky that there wasn't a couple of night shift cops sleeping in there. "????

I think I'd be inclined to say potential night shift cops were the lucky ones.

20 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

The last second of the video, it looks like the driver is doing a runner...

I watched again, it seems like that person is coming from the tuk tuk. So the car driver is probably still asleep+seriously pissed.

The "runner" looks like a woman and she is lucky there were no cars roaring down the road as she seemed to not even look out for her safety as she got out of the tuk-tuk. 

I saw something similar.  But it was in broad daylight.  A lady coming towards us in the opposite direction drove straight into a lamp post in the median.  When my wife went to check on her she was picking a cellphone up from the floor and continued talking to someone.

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

Probably the same, but I wouldn't call it a checkpoint, more like a police box.

A police box? A bit like the Tardis in Dr Who (UK TV), insomuch as it transports you to another dimension - one that's work-free and sleep enabled.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 12:46 PM, Isaanbiker said:

Doesn't surprise me at all. 

Why??

Or are you just one of those "only in Thailand" blokes???

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:13 AM, holy cow cm said:

1am and the person was drunk as a skunk, unless the person had a seizure and went into convulsions. That takes the cake for stupid dangerous award of the month.

Being drunk is the more obvious answer, however, it may be a medical condition. Our next door neighbour, a middle aged male, has had 2 main road accidents in a year as a result of convulsions. He is currently awaiting his replacement vehicle. He will continue to drive. 

39 minutes ago, stereolab said:

Being drunk is the more obvious answer, however, it may be a medical condition. Our next door neighbour, a middle aged male, has had 2 main road accidents in a year as a result of convulsions. He is currently awaiting his replacement vehicle. He will continue to drive. 

Well nice to know your neighbor just might be crashing your door to see you sometime. These people nee to not drive.

On 5/18/2019 at 9:58 PM, tifino said:

just as the tuk tuk driver jumps and runs;

the car's brakelights come on...

and stay on, as the driver's foot is still on the pedal...

so, whilst on the subject of runners

when is a runner, not necessarily a runner?

A pensioner drove his brand new Mercedes to 100 mph on the m1 looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a police car behind him. He floored it to 140 , then 150, ... then 155, ... Suddenly he thought, "I'm too old for this nonsense !" So he pulled over to the side of the road and waited for the police car to catch up with him.

The officer walked up to him, looked at his watch and said, "Sir, my shift ends in ten minutes. Today is Friday and I'm taking off for the weekend with my family. If you can give me a good reason that I've never heard before, why you were speeding... I'll let you go."

The Man looked very seriously at the police man, and replied :- "Years ago, my wife ran off with a policeman, I thought you were bringing her back." !!!

The Cop left saying, " Have a good day, Sir "...

That's a VERY Old One....

On 5/18/2019 at 8:08 PM, darksidedog said:

I had to watch that several times, laughing all the while, because that is a bit of pure quality.

Very lucky no one was in the box cos they would have been toast.

I suspect he was in no condition to drive. You have to be seriously pissed to cause that sort of carnage.

No. You just have to be a Thai driver.

Archived