Who'd be a landlord! "Well dressed" man leaves this for the owner

rooster59

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Catoni said:

You must have an obscene amount of money. What a waste to spend so much on clothes. Why not buy cheaper clothing and use the extra money to help out some impoverished SE Asian families??? 

I help out two families living in dire poverty in Cambodia and I live and dress very simply. I manage to help those two families in the village even though my income is only about $1000.00 U.S. a month. I don't have a lot of years left, and I don’t have near your income. When my time comes, I want to die knowing I made a positive difference in some people’s lives that needed help and were poor through no fault of their own. 

What an elaborate waste of money in your life.  Happy I don’t live like you. 

I like to think I am generous on a daily basis across the town I live in. 

I don't think of it as a waste of money either as the items last a long time due to their quality.

It's a shame the govt here isn't as generous as either of us

28 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

I thought the thread was about apartment renting and a well dressed man skipping out on hs rent.

My initial point is that Thais have a completely different mindset to well dressed.

It's an Asian thing, they don't like shorts, t-shirts and unshaven looks.

Reminds me of the 50s in the UK when everybody wore a suit all the time and had sweepover hairdo's and no hair looked thuggish

Look at the dress code for immigration, there is even a picture of a tuxedo!! 

6 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Well dressed to a Thai means a pair trousers and a shirt with some cheap plastic shoes.

They probably think I'm scruffy in t-shirt/shorts etc even though it's 500/1000 quid outfits.

Most branded stuff in Thailand are knock offs so they probably placed you in that category. Especially if you are taking a baht bus. Thais think anybody of reasonable means would at least own some 4 wheels ... 

4 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

I don't think of it as a waste of money either as the items last a long time due to their quality.

My rubber moulded flip-flops have lasted 5 years and worn almost every day, 65bht from Tesco Lotus.

1 minute ago, Ctkong said:

Most branded stuff in Thailand are knock offs so they probably placed you in that category. Especially if you are taking a baht bus. Thais think anybody of reasonable means would at least own some 4 wheels ... 

They wouldn't even know the brands I wear, they aren't covered in names etc

Knock off clothes and real stuff is like night and day. The difference in quality is obvious 

I do it for myself anyway and not for the average Thai.

Make me feel good and that's all that matters really

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My rubber moulded flip-flops have lasted 5 years and worn almost every day, 65bht from Tesco Lotus.

Wearing cheap flip flops can <deleted> up your back, ankles, feet etc over time. I always buy them with an arch in. 

Why do people continually judge people by how they dress?  Does wearing long trousers for immigration or to impress landlord etc...does that really make you a better person?  It's so hilarious. I wear shorts tee shirt and thongs All the time. I'm as good as anybody,  more wealthy than average, I have zero tattoos. 

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

My clothing is well made, but not expensive, and lasts several years. Mountain Warehouse summer weight material zip off pants with zipper pockets, and summer weight material Columbia shirts with roll up sleeves and wicking ability...and I’ll spend up to $100.00 dollars on a good pair of men’s Teva Holliway (or equivalent) “waterproof material” sandals with good arch support and proper heal strap, because they are much better for your feet and well made and last for years in the hot tropics or for summer wear back in Canada. (I will NOT wear flip flops).    But I must apologize for getting off topic. 

7 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Wearing cheap flip flops can <deleted> up your back, ankles, feet etc over time. I always buy them with an arch in. 

Quite correct. Over time, as the years go by...flip flops are horrible for your feet and other joints and back. People can get away with them for some time. Perhaps for quite a few years.  But over time permanent damage will happen. 

I used to wear flip flops, until I found out the facts about them. How they are the worst things ever made to wear on the feet. 

Certainly not meant for walking for hours or all day wear. 

I now wear a good pair of men’s Teva Holliway sandals with proper arch support and heal strap. No “flippity flopping” around for me. 

1 hour ago, Catoni said:

You must have an obscene amount of money. What a waste to spend so much on clothes. Why not buy cheaper clothing and use the extra money to help out some impoverished SE Asian families??? 

I help out two families living in dire poverty in Cambodia and I live and dress very simply. I manage to help those two families in the village even though my income is only about $1000.00 U.S. a month. I don't have a lot of years left, and I don’t have near your income. When my time comes, I want to die knowing I made a positive difference in some people’s lives that needed help and were poor through no fault of their own. 

What an elaborate waste of money in your life.  Happy I don’t live like you. 

Good to read your post.

Humility and living well as a human is more important (in my opinion) than making unnecessary brags about spending money of clothes.

I have generally found those who boast about the cost of things are fairly vacuous people, needing to bolster their self esteem.

Strange how a report about filth enede up getting hijacked into sartorial costs

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

and in the real world he means baht!

So really it's.......

approximations -

sunglasses 100 - 600 quid                          50 Baht

shoes range from 50 to 7/800                     350 Baht

shorts up to 250 quid                                 400 Baht

tshirts from 60 -300                                   250 Baht

polo shirts from 80-450                              300 Baht

Grand total 1350 Baht….about 33 quid with the balance left for the really important things....you know, beer, women...... :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Before anyone jumps down my throat.. I repeat :cheesy::cheesy: :cheesy:

I surprised myself by evicting a six foot Thai man thirty years my junior who hadn't paid the rent. 

I was so racked off I wedged my foot in the door and literally picked him up and tossed him in the corridor with his meager possessions. 

My wife said I was barking. She was right. 

But I got two great trophies - his driving licence and a pill cutter!

Rooster

11 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Well dressed to a Thai means a pair trousers and a shirt with some cheap plastic shoes.

They probably think I'm scruffy in t-shirt/shorts etc even though it's 500/1000 quid outfits.

Didn't anyone ever tell you that the secret is to buy cheap and look expensive, not the other way around?

7 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Good to read your post.

Humility and living well as a human is more important (in my opinion) than making unnecessary brags about spending money of clothes.

I have generally found those who boast about the cost of things are fairly vacuous people, needing to bolster their self esteem.

Strange how a report about filth enede up getting hijacked into sartorial costs

Once and I repeat once in Thailand I lent a son of a friend, who died from cancer, some cash to help clear his father's debt, hospital bills etc.

Turned out he had borrowed from quite a few people to pay off the bills.

He left with all the borrowed money and never paid one bill.

Since then make a wild guess how many people I will help or lend anything too.

Anyone can sit on tbeir a-se and put their hand out and once they start and someone fills their hand they adopt it as a way of life.

11 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

Then there's the guy in Odgen, Utah USA who left approximately 70,000 empty beer cans.  Other than that, the place was clean.

image.png.324b8f02e3c130ebebdac1718c7184bf.png

obviously mental problems, Budd Light? ...............

6 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

obviously mental problems, Budd Light? ...............

Coors Light!  These pics were taken after a bit of cleanup had taken place.  They had already removed the beer can tunnels.  555

They guy lived there 8 years.  That's about a 24-pack case of beer every day.

Archived