ID this snake please

Striped Kukri????     Totally harmless I believe but has teeth!

Strange looking creature, almost looks like you have photoshopped a different head on it.  lol.

It looks like it may be shedding its skin.  I would be very cautious  of snakes in southeast Asia.  The only thing I would trust here is a python. Everything else give a wide berth. 

Even the rattlers here don't have rattles. There are still pit vipers but they don't have any rattles to warn you.   There's all kinds of other snakes here that are venomous too.  

5 minutes ago, samuttodd said:

It looks like it may be shedding its skin.  I would be very cautious  of snakes in southeast Asia.  The only thing I would trust here is a python. Everything else give a wide berth. 

Even the rattlers here don't have rattles. There are still pit vipers but they don't have any rattles to warn you.   There's all kinds of other snakes here that are venomous too.  

and the pit vipers don't have pits

10 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:
17 minutes ago, samuttodd said:

Even the rattlers here don't have rattles. There are still pit vipers but they don't have any rattles to warn you.   

and the pit vipers don't have pits

If they don't have rattles they are not rattlers. Rattlesnakes are a separate sub group found in the Americas.

Pit vipers are distinguished by the presence of a heat-sensing pit organ located between the eye and the nostril on both sides of the head. - Wiki

4 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

If they don't have rattles they are not rattlers. Rattlesnakes are a separate sub group found in the Americas.

Pit vipers are distinguished by the presence of a heat-sensing pit organ located between the eye and the nostril on both sides of the head. - Wiki

or to be exact

The loreal pit is the deep depression, or fossa, in the loreal area on either side of the head in crotaline snakes (pitvipers). It is located behind the nostril and in front of the eye, but below the line that runs between the centers of each. It is the external opening to an extremely sensitive infrared detecting organ. The loreal pit is bordered by lacunal scales. The loreal pit is a thermal regulating system. Pitvipers maintain their temperature of body through loreal pit.

Archived