password for google, email

soalbundy

I accidently knocked out the password for Google, email from the password list under settings. I made a new password. Since then when I sign in google offers me my recovery email address and password not my actual email address and new password. works fine when I manually put in the email address and new password. Google doesn't offer me the option of remembering the password although this option is turned on, any ideas ?

> control panel>credentials > you look on the list for your Google account>richt clik>windows or Microsoft login asked > fill in and you can see it , (also for many other stored passwords there in that credential map.)

37 minutes ago, david555 said:

> control panel>credentials > you look on the list for your Google account>richt clik>windows or Microsoft login asked > fill in and you can see it , (also for many other stored passwords there in that credential map.)

This sounds stupid, it wants to know my username, I don't know it !!

31 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

This sounds stupid, it wants to know my username, I don't know it !!

Normally it shows in the list your example gmail name , but not your password until you give windows or Microsoft in log , or if you put also a pin in place for that you can use pin ,but for that is a little be patient as choosing other option , other in log asked  until after a few clicks away and new the option for pin as windows in log appears 

(at least so it works for me …)

Example screenshot (my username removed ) you should see your username in the list like this , 

2019-05-18_203459.png

Oh , now I just see this is asked in Apple forum …., I only took notice to the question , my answer was supposed for a Windows  user , you know Windows users think not Apple way :wink:

7 hours ago, david555 said:

Oh , now I just see this is asked in Apple forum …., I only took notice to the question , my answer was supposed for a Windows  user , you know Windows users think not Apple way :wink:

I'm using windows 7. What I get on my screen is not the same as you get. I have noticed that when one attempts to erase a password from the list under settings there is a warning that if erased Google will no longer be able to help. It's Ok I will just have to give my email and password in manually, not a big deal. Control panel shows credential manager, it gives you default vault location, it refuses to let me do anything. Thanks for trying anyway.

9 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I'm using windows 7. What I get on my screen is not the same as you get. I have noticed that when one attempts to erase a password from the list under settings there is a warning that if erased Google will no longer be able to help. It's Ok I will just have to give my email and password in manually, not a big deal. Control panel shows credential manager, it gives you default vault location, it refuses to let me do anything. Thanks for trying anyway.

so you don't have access to your own credential map or  own credential map ? as there it is that I found already a few times passwords which I did not remember as HELL how many we have to remember , and all wish different settings or number digits or combinations , so very easy to go find it there , only may not forget Windows / Microsoft login as that is needed to open the hidden passwords , but the account logins are open to see if credential map is accessible .

Maybe because windows 7 thing , is a good but dying O.S. system , sooner or later you shall have to change to win 10 .

On 5/19/2019 at 1:36 AM, david555 said:

Why comment on this thread in this tone.

5 hours ago, 79Pulier said:

"this tone " ??

As I was not seeing I was giving a solution to O.P. on a apple forum , so first I thought he was using Apple system , and that would not work as my solution was for a Windows system. But he was anyway a win 7 user .

But as a newbie... you shall experience worse than my small joking line , staying a bit longer on this forum... :coffee1:

5 hours ago, 79Pulier said:

What was wrong with his tone? He tried a lot to help the OP and then receives such a post?

As a Windows user, I also think it's very different from the other brand that doesn't seem to be as good as some might think it is. 

Archived