Beginner Martial Arts advice in Pattaya.

jst

Hello. I am a middle aged female looking to start taking Martial Arts classes. I live in Pattaya and want to know of the best place to check out. I am not interested in Muai Thai or Judo for various reasons, but am open for other forms. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks.

How do you consider yourself middle age female for something like that ? I wouldn't consider Muai Thai for female as well anyway. Judo is somewhat different. But latest post is fine ? By the way I suggest you to go to the gym a bit for a while really. 

Not interested in muay thai or judo...

For some reason pattaya is a bit more limited for options than phuket for example. Even more limited if you take muay thai out of that.

Off the top of my head without searching I can only think of fairtex sports centre, boxing, wushu (as above) or the WKO karate/muay thai place. There would prob be a couple more taekwondo or karate places im sure. There also BJJ out near jomtien I think.

Fairtex offers a variety of MMA, muay thai and BJJ i believe. They are expensive as hell and don't offer expat discounts at all. Really only for tourists.

Boxing - I think that would be your best option. It's great for fitness and I know Eagle Gym is very cheap and even cheaper for ladies (they get a discount). I go there often if you need more details. Really though any muay thai place will do boxing with you and leave out kicks if you tell them that's what you want.

WKO - Never trained there but I would like to. They have a karate program as well as muay thai.

Wushu - Not far from the WKO dojo. I was very interested to go there but after contacting them I found I wasn't able to train as much as at eagle and it was a lot more pricey.

BJJ - iff you don't like judo you prob wouldn't like that.

I have seen Venum also have a lot of chicks in particular that do there classes (a mix of fitness and boxing i think)

There is also that gym that I think is off soi buakhao that will do private boxing but i forgot the name. It's well known.

Theres also that krav maga, boxing, muay thai place kombat klub or something its called.

Edited by sikishrory

• 8 months later...