BANGKOK 18 July 2019 01:35
Scott

SURVEY: Trade Wars -- necessary or not?

SURVEY: Trade Wars -- necessary or not?  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There have been a number of thread about the current trade 'war' between China and the US.   Which of the following best describes your opinion about the situation with trade conflicts.

Please feel free to leave a comment.

Trade wars are the necessary (last) step leading to hot wars... 

unnamed.jpg

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Trade wars are the necessary (last) step leading to hot wars... 

unnamed.jpg

The next financial crisis, like the last two is being created by uncontrolled banking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulic said:

The West has waited for 50 years for China to live up to its trade commitments. Technology transfer, forced partnerships, theft of intellectual property, closed markets. I am less concerned about the trade imbalance, I am very concerned about trade practices. It really is time to play hardball. Stick to the full tariff program until China implements changes. Enough of the empty promises from China. 

I urge you to look into the history of US trade practices and intellectual property theft.

The US v Charles Dickens is a good place to start.

I am not against the concept of tariffs, but I wouldn't base it upon "you guys are making more money than us".

If the US were to continue to do meaningful amounts of business with China, I'd base tariffs on their human rights record, I'd penalize them for the exorbinant pollution that we will all bear for their cheap prices of goods with little environmental oversight. If their low prices are because their workers have no protection or safety or disability allowances as we would grant our own workers I would penalize them for that.  If we did those things we might discover we might be better off producing these items ourselves. Honestly, I expect a Chinese "cold war". The US should not be ousourcing the majority of it's manufacturing to a totalitarian state.
Trump couldn"t care less about human rights.

Sent from my crappy device using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

absolutely.  love Trump for only 2 things.  the other is his immigration policy back home.

Edited by malibukid
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, malibukid said:

if we do not confront the Chinese now it will soon be too late.

Why does the US constantly need to "confront" other nations, and how is it gonna fare against China, considering how well "confrontations" have gone in Afghanistan, Irak and countless other places? 

Will the US ever learn (that problems are generally not solved through confrontation... especially against a nuclear power...)? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

i dont like to fight chinese hoards at the airport they push in line.  can they be retrained

• Like 1