Democrats expected to join Phalang Pracharat coalition: survey

rooster59

Democrats expected to join Phalang Pracharat coalition: survey

By The Nation

Most people believe the new leader of the Democrat Party should lead the party to join the coalition of the Phalang Pracharat Party to support junta chief Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha as the next prime minister, an opinion survey has found.

The survey, which had 1,017 respondents nationwide, was carried out from Wednesday to Friday by Suan Dusit Pollster. It was carried out after Jurin Laksanavisit was elected as the Democrat leader on Wednesday.

Asked whether they think the Democrat under Jurin’s leadership should join the pro-junta coalition of the Phalang Pracharat, 58.05 per cent of respondents said they believe so because the Democrats should serve the people as a coalition partner.

The remaining 41.95 per cent said they think the Democrats should not join the coalition because the party adheres to democratic principles and it has announced it would not support the National Council for Peace and Order retaining power.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30369610

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-05-19

Full Poppycock. If the Dems join the Junta Old Wealth devil then they are full hypocrites as this was Abhisit's statement and party direction that it was to never help keep them power. If they join the Red devil as they see it, then they are hypocrites. 

2 Scenarios for them:

1. IF Thanathorn's FFP takes the helm for building a coalition and PTP allows this as they said the would and does sit back and let them do it, then it could be Thanathorn for PM or even another person outside of them. I am not sure if they would consider giving Abhisit the PM position, but it is time for the Dems and PTP to put away past differences.  

2. Stay neutral. 

I will lose full respect of the Dems and Abhisit if they go the junta way.

23 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

Democratic principles amongst political parties here in Thailand are a fiction

Reworded...Insatiable greed amongst political parties here in the twilight zone is the norm.

28 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Hopefully, the Democrat leadership has more common sense than listening to an opinion poll of 1,017 people who probably didn't vote for the party.

Ahhh! Common sense....I seem to remember that from a past life on a different planet!

Where or not the poll is meaningful, they are ALL hypocrites. ALL parties. 

And, I know it is not a popular opinion, but since I have known Thailand for 3 decades, I am highly suspicious of even FF party.

They are all Thai first, and anything else second. And, that is all you need to know. Shared culture, shared values.

3 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

They are nothing but cowards and liars.  Do not want to do the best for their country only or their party.  Joining the enemy when they said they wouldn't.

Sounds like the sort of thing Maggie May and Jezza might cook up.

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed:

Archived