Brexit legislation needs to include public vote - Labour's Starmer

rooster59

57 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Another referendum seems to upset Brexiteers, so far better would be to revoke Article 50 and hold a General Election. That would force the main two parties to make their policy on Brexit clear.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That would be a waste of time. The Brexit party would win by a landslide and trigger article 50 again. The remainers are wasting everyone's time by refusing to accept the result. They are the cause of all this uncertainty.

Just accept the result of the democratic vote and we can all move on. If that surrender treaty is the best the EU can agree to then it's a case of thanks, but no thanks. If they refuse to offer a balanced deal then it's time for a WTO exit with 39 billion quid in the back pocket to spend sorting out the short term issues.

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

That would be a waste of time. The Brexit party would win by a landslide and trigger article 50 again. The remainers are wasting everyone's time by refusing to accept the result. They are the cause of all this uncertainty.

Just accept the result of the democratic vote and we can all move on. If that surrender treaty is the best the EU can agree to then it's a case of thanks, but no thanks. If they refuse to offer a balanced deal then it's time for a WTO exit with 39 billion quid in the back pocket to spend sorting out the short term issues.

I don't think they would.  Labour possibly in coalition with Lib Dems / Greens/ SNP would win.  The Brexit Party has no policies and would split the Tory/Brexit vote.  Tories may vote for the Brexit Party as a protest in a meaningless European Parliament election, but no right-minded Tory will vote for Farage to be PM!

7 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Another referendum seems to upset Brexiteers, so far better would be to revoke Article 50 and hold a General Election. That would force the main two parties to make their policy on Brexit clear.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No need for another referendum. Just watch the Brexit Party run away with it at the polls on Thursday. Then forget the Merkel/May Surrender Treaty and just tell them all Remainers and EU alike, that we've left No Deal on Friday. 

22 hours ago, Basil B said:

Problem is Labour is not speaking with one voice...

Starmer says this, Corbyn says something different, then Watson says something else, then add Abbott, McDonnall, Thornbury, uncle Tom Cobley and all to the mix, no two singing from the same hymebook.

Basil ,   Starmer is  the man ,  destined to be our future Prime Minister , asap.

Corbyn , is a cobweb ,  from the looney left , they filled their boots, sure ..

Thx ,  working class .

2 hours ago, fishtank said:

Revoke A50 would seem the only democratic way out of this mess.

We already have the best deal by staying put.

No, that's totally undemocratic and thwarts the referendum result. The only democratic way is to allow the Article 50 to expire, without any extensions. The courts could even find the extensions were applied for without authorisation of parliament, so we are already out.

The best deal available now is a No Deal exit. 

5 hours ago, Loiner said:

No, that's totally undemocratic and thwarts the referendum result. The only democratic way is to allow the Article 50 to expire, without any extensions. The courts could even find the extensions were applied for without authorisation of parliament, so we are already out.

The best deal available now is a No Deal exit. 

Spoken like a true zealot.

The self harming threat kept in reserve to get a deal that was never on the table has now become the best deal available.

Except it is not.

The best deal is full membership.

Away with you and your self harming nonsense.

10 hours ago, elliss said:

Basil ,   Starmer is  the man ,  destined to be our future Prime Minister , asap.

Corbyn , is a cobweb ,  from the looney left , they filled their boots, sure ..

Thx ,  working class .

The run of the mill Labour members won't vote for him, he is too intelligent for them.

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Spoken like a true zealot.

The self harming threat kept in reserve to get a deal that was never on the table has now become the best deal available.

Except it is not.

The best deal is full membership.

Away with you and your self harming nonsense.

I'm a staunch Patriot & Leaver and proud to be so. I'm nit going anywhere, but here do you think I should be "away" to?

The EU membership deal we still have is the one that the majority of the electorate has voted to reject. It is obviously not the best for us, but as an outsider you wouldn't even begin to understand that. There's no self harm here for the UK, but will it harm the economy of your own country? I don't really care it if does, but lots of Europhiles and Federasts do.

Archived