BANGKOK 16 June 2019 14:34
Rimmer

Pattaya police target smoke-belching trucks

Pattaya police target smoke-belching trucks

image.png

PATTAYA:--Traffic police targeted smoke-belching vehicles at a Sukhumvit Road checkpoint in South Pattaya.

Numerous vehicles violating air-quality standards were ticketed. Pollution Control Department officers also affixed yellow stickers to the vehicles and recorded their license plate numbers suspending use of the vehicles for 30 days while the exhaust systems are repaired.

Companies using the cited vehicles during that time are subject to a 5,000-baht fine.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-05-19--

But you not stop tourists busses 

Because you will not disturb Chinese people 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Wat, I got neighbours who do it!

We and our neighbors do it out here there's no trash pick up and no other way to get rid of it. I'd be happy to pay for trash pick up if it was available 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Fred white said:

We and our neighbors do it out here there's no trash pick up and no other way to get rid of it. I'd be happy to pay for trash pick up if it was available 😊

Yes I understand that in the rural areas, it happens when I visit the Mrs' village and is required on her land. But here in the City there is collection, and yet many still like to light up a fire. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

Meanwhile my local Wat continues to burn plastic refuse daily.

As do most Thai's

I would imagine that to stop belching trucks would require the entire RTP to be out in force permanently.

Only a 5000 baht fine if your vehicle is both suspended for 30 days AND you get caught again driving it.  What are the chances of that happening?  How about a 5000 baht fine right off the bat?  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

Only a 5000 baht fine if your vehicle is both suspended for 30 days AND you get caught again driving it.  What are the chances of that happening?  How about a 5000 baht fine right off the bat?  

And clamp the vehicle. 

4 hours ago, XenZen said:

Of course there are other ways to get rid of it.  I bought a machine that compacts all my trash, then I send my trash to environmentally-friendly companies who take care of the trash.  Yes, it costs me 100,000 baht a month, but there is a way!!!!!    

the council should collect ALL rubbish, why should you pay such a large sum???

Off topic post and replies removed

7 hours ago, XenZen said:

Of course there are other ways to get rid of it.  I bought a machine that compacts all my trash, then I send my trash to environmentally-friendly companies who take care of the trash.  Yes, it costs me 100,000 baht a month, but there is a way!!!!!    

I'm glad you're rich that's over 1 million a year 😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1