Who Ya Gunna Call.... Ghost Busters ???

Gonzo the Face

May as well as the results cannot be any worse.  Here is my problem.   Most cities in this ole world are at least trying to do something about the miles and miles of overhead city electric, telephone, TV cable and the like, put them underground ??? ,  but not it seems is Chiang Mai.  For over two months now, I have made call after call to ToT,  PEA and even spoke face to face with some of the BB cable people.  ....and for what.... nothing it seems.  The wires overhead of my entrance gate are hanging lower and lower.  It is now to the point that a pick-up with a camper top will snag them if they are not lifted with some type of stick.  Last month, when the movie people were here shooting , I think it was one of their trucks that snagged one and broke it.  It has now been sitting coiled up in the corner of my property for about a month. I just don't know who else to call...... no one comes to check it out.

They put these wires up to provide a service to somebody, so with the line down you would assume somebody is not getting some service. Yet none of the service utilities seem to give a damn.

Does anyone know who or what group  I should report this problem to ??? 

The problem is that telecom companies are great at taking orders and will have you connected up in two days; but they never remove the old obsolete cables after say a home or business tenant as moved on.

As a recult most properties will have at least 3 cables coming in.

Then to compound that, an existing tenant hears of a 10bt a month cheaper deal from a rival supplier who then comes along and put theirs in.

The old cables don't belong to them so why should they touch them?

I have seen hundreds of metres of old cables, telecoms and electric cut off and just left on the footpath for over two years at the end of Sirimangklajarn. its an eyesore but "not my job"

Gonzo, as you probably figured out by now, the cable that was broken undoubted wasn't functional anymore.  

We had a similar problem in the U.S. at our greenhouse/nursery business and kept calling the phone company to come out and prop up their sagging phone lines.  Anytime a big truck came on the property for a delivery, we had to stop them and use a big stick to prop up the phone lines that served our neighbors.  One day a truck driven by a couple of French Canadian yahoos who didn't seem to understand English, ignored our order to stop until we could get the stick and continued to barrel to the back of the operation, taking the neighbors' phone lines with them.

This was a number of years ago, and the neighbors had a greenhouse operation much bigger than ours and relied on faxed orders for their livelihood.  Needless to say, there was hell to pay with the phone company since it was at the height of the selling season.  At least our phone/fax lines were still functional and we could help them out for a few days until the problem was fixed.

They fix it for you and they would have to fix it for tens of thousand others. Not going to happen.

Prop the wires up with two bamboo poles one on each side of your entrance lashed to your front wall/fence. Or one longer pole off to the side might do it and be kinder to the eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

We had a similar problem when we moved into our house in Mae Rim,a mess of wires cascading down nearly on the roof of our out building/office and directly across the gateway. One day the power line-mafia showed up to install new high standing poles for a series of heavy band power lines along the soi. Good opportunity to get them to tidy up those gnarly lines while they had the trucks 'n ladders available,right. The wife asked politely if something could be done and so they did make a mild effort to pull them up. The workers said that these are internet lines, nothing to do with them and put into place by the workers of the internet companies. Asked if it was o.k to lasso them and slipknot them tight - "die,die,die"...just don't cut them!

1 hour ago, Samuel Smith said:

Assuming the electric ones are higher up, cut all the lower ones!  They'll only replace the ones needed ???? 

Right and you can see the result in a couple of years when you get out of jail for destruction of property.

4 hours ago, Gonzo the Face said:

Well if this doesn't take the cake......   they can't find anybody whose cable it is and can't do anything about it,,,,,BUT ! ! !   they are out there right now putting up more wire/cable  !!!!  The power of city gov't !!

If they're working near the "offending" wires in a bucket truck, perhaps you can ask if they'll lash up the wires causing the problem if if they aren't their wires.

22 hours ago, NancyL said:

If they're working near the "offending" wires in a bucket truck, perhaps you can ask if they'll lash up the wires causing the problem if if they aren't their wires.

Good suggestion Nancy, unfortunately not a buck truk and across the street .

Know it can't be but so many wires over the street that I wait to see the concrete posts start to bend.

Dear Gonzo, You should be able to ascertain the "Overhead Electricity Cabling" from previous posts re-transformers, follow the cabling, check and re-check!

All other wiring should then be service provision, pruning saw on a pole, eyeball no CCTV. ????

If not careful with knot disentanglement, you might lose access to your own internet and telephony for a while ????. You get to then "Supervise" the re-installation. Best of luck.

As otherwise suggested, it's not a good idea to deliberately take out the wires.  Now if you can find a couple of drunken French Canadians with a semi-trailer hell-bent on delivering a load of peat moss to your nursery, you've got a good excuse.  The police were called.  That got things moving.

Archived