Can I get a visa extension?

I have had 2 back to back visa exempt entries in the past months. One time staying out of the country for a few weeks then the other time recently for less than 2 weeks. 

For the first entry i stayed in thailand for 3 weeks before leaving if that helps any.

Would there by any any reason they wouldn’t give me a 30 day extension at chaengwattana? Otherwise I can just fly home within a few weeks from now 

thanks all

You can obtain one 30 day extension for every visa exempt entry. Just to add..

You can obtain another visa exempt entry at border if suits you better. 2 ve  per calendar yr at border. 

For me...if I wanted an extra 30...I would do border run. CW is a sh

• Thanks 1

Nice thanks . I have already exhausted my land border runs for the year

trust me I hate CW also but I guess I got to get it done !

has as anyone ever been denied an extension for visa exempt ? As per my history in Thailand last few months I think I will be okay but was just curious !

54 minutes ago, Fixit89 said:

Nice thanks . I have already exhausted my land border runs for the year

has as anyone ever been denied an extension for visa exempt ? As per my history in Thailand last few months I think I will be okay but was just curious !

Never. Since you have done the 2 border go to CWzoo

Obtain 30 day extension. 1900. 

Edited by DrJack54
Error
  • Thanks 1

As far as I know there is no extension possible if you have no visa. But you can just get back in for 30 days.

But in my experience I can say I have been in and out for a while and got no problems. Which was like a period of 2 or 3 days abroad. 

Like you mentioned being abroad for over a week or so, which won't be a problem, because their reason to refuse you is mostly about working here illegally. No one will get about 2 or 3 weeks off, so it's not suspicious to them.

If you are still worried about it, get a visa and you are 100% sure ????

2 hours ago, Fixit89 said:

Yes. But it's rare and unlikely to happen as long as you can meet the application requirements.

Yeah I have a hotel confirmations and employment letter from USA if I’m ever asked so no problems .

Someone mentioned there is no extension possible if I don’t have a visa ? 

I am visa exempt entry (USA) , we get 30 days in the country. Am I allowed to get an extension on this ? I thought the answer was always yes and I can get 30 days from CW. Who has the right information?

thanks 

If with an extension you mean in and out and get another 30 days, then yes.

What they extend is a visa, and without visa they can't give you an extension I guess.

If you are not in the country right now for a few weeks already Im pretty sure you don't need to worry. Especially if you got in only twice. 

And if you want to stay longer than 30 days you just get a visa. That one is 60 days and you can extend for another 30 days.

For them it's all about how many of those stamps you have. If it's just 2, Im sure they won't bother, especially seeing the times you have been abroad in the meanwhile. As long as your passport is not full of those stamps, which you can avoid by getting a visa once in a while, they won't do much.

20 minutes ago, Jo3200 said:

If with an extension you mean in and out and get another 30 days, then yes.

What they extend is a visa, and without visa they can't give you an extension I guess.

A 30 day extension of a 30 day visa exempt entry is allowed. That has been in the rules since 2104.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A 30 day extension of a 30 day visa exempt entry is allowed. That has been in the rules since 2104.

Thanks ubon. I have been here since 2014 and that has always been the rule since I remembered . 

On 5/19/2019 at 2:32 AM, Jo3200 said:

But in my experience I can say I have been in and out for a while and got no problems. Which was like a period of 2 or 3 days abroad. 

Like you mentioned being abroad for over a week or so, which won't be a problem, because their reason to refuse you is mostly about working here illegally. No one will get about 2 or 3 weeks off, so it's not suspicious to them.

If you are still worried about it, get a visa and you are 100% sure ????

Not my experience

I was denied entry with only 1 visa exempt entry this year. I had entered Thailand with a VE after being away for more than 2 months, then made a side trip of more than 2 weeks. I was DE when I tried to return to Thailand.

Last year, I visited Thailand from the US, made 2 side trips for one to more than two weeks at a time, all on VEs, then flew back home for more than 2 months until the trip to Thailand this year.

There was no mention of too many VEs or the need for a visa before the last attempted entry.

I’m retired so there was no suspicion of working in Thailand.

They told me I needed a visa because I wasn’t a tourist (?), so come back with a visa.

On 5/19/2019 at 6:16 PM, Fixit89 said:

In case you travel around in Thailand, it might be worth to consider using another immigration office for your extension. Many are much more relaxed than Chaeng Watthana.

You need an address (hotel) within the area served by the immigration office you choose and it's best to check about their specific rules. I've used quite a few different immigration offices over the years and I've often been in and out within less than half an hour.