Malt Extract & Anchovy Essence

OWLD FELLER

Can anyone please tell me what type of shop I should be  looking in to find Malt Extract in Thailand?

I can remember thinking it was strange, in the UK, that my mother used to have to buy it from a chemist (rather than a grocers/supermarket) and can't believe it is a regular purchase made by many Thais.

However, I will need some to bake malt loaves so I'm hoping that some helpful soul will be able to point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance.

Also (nothing to do with malt loaves) can anyone please tell me who stocks Anchovy Essence for my Steak Morateur recipe?

On 5/20/2019 at 7:21 AM, Oxx said:

Malt extract is sold by home brewing stores in Thailand.

Many thanks for the reply.

Is 'home brewing stores' the name of a company or a generic term relating to shops that sell items for home brewing, which I thought was banned in LOS?

Just now, OWLD FELLER said:

Many thanks for the reply.

Is 'home brewing stores' the name of a company or a generic term relating to shops that sell items for home brewing, which I thought was banned in LOS?

It's a generic term.  And yes, it's illegal.  But TIT, so they still exist.

Just Google:  home brew malt thailand

34 minutes ago, Snow Leopard said:

Anchovy Essence. Don't bite my head off but I use 2-4 anchovies from a tin in lots of sauces and recipes. Just mush them up. 

A tin of anchovies in Thailand is ridiculously expensive.  And if one's only using a couple, how does one keep the leftovers?

1 minute ago, Oxx said:

A tin of anchovies in Thailand is ridiculously expensive.  And if one's only using a couple, how does one keep the leftovers?

Top the container up with oil and keep in the fridge.

• 1 month later...

Archived