Remember those fires a couple of months ago ?

toofarnorth

That looks a bit larger than a controlled fire. Do you know if anyone is doing anything about extinguishing it?

I feel sympathy for the people that live in the northern mountains as the air quality this season has been horrendous.

13 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

That looks a bit larger than a controlled fire. Do you know if anyone is doing anything about extinguishing it?

I feel sympathy for the people that live in the northern mountains as the air quality this season has been horrendous.

This morning can only see some smoke , but of course there may be flames as well . Very close to Radio Maechan so fire engines may of attended. Update if fires again tonight.

A week ago I went up into the mountains, leaving the 118 at Mae Suai into the Doi Chang/Doi Wawi direction. It looks like a deserted battlefield up there, large parts of forest burned down, scorched earth all around. Very sad..........

5 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

Raining quite nicely out here, all we need is for it to continue for about 48 hours.

(That should be long enough for people to start complaining about it... )

The rain started at our place at about 1430. We had about 6 storms move through. Very good rain  and excellent lightning even in daylight. The rain stopped about 30 minutes ago. Had strong winds at the start and lost a mango tree in our yard. The green mangoes were rescued.

Poured on us for most the evening and into the night. Was grey this morning but the sun has now started to peak out. Either way the temps are FAR more amicable today. Now let's just hope for a few more days and clear this smoke up.

Archived