Surrender for Visa Expiry

1 hour ago, RobinAddy said:

I wish to surrender for my visa Expiry. 

Overstay period zero days. [Don't ask for reason] 

What does it really mean? Zero days overstay and surrender visa expiry. All these things don't go together. Are you on some kind of medication? If not, try to post something that makes sense. 

1. If you have a ME visa, it expires on the Valid until date in the visa sticker. You cant surrender. There is nothing to surrender

2. If you are a single entry visa, your visa is already expired as soon as you entered Thailand.

3. You can only surrender if you have overstayed (stayed beyond the Admitted Until date on the square stamp that the IO placed on your passport page. This is not a visa. That is an entry stamp) With zero days overstay, there is nothing to surrender. 

The larger question is why did the thought of "surrender" come to your mind? Were you in the middle of Netflix binge watch after taking your medication?

Edited by onera1961
  • Haha 1

I assume you are indicating that you have no funds to leave the country, even though you have not yet committed any offence. I am not sure what you expect immigration to do when you turn up to say you want to start going on overstay even though you have not so far done this. You are going to get some strange looks. If you are hoping for a free deportation, forget it. Immigration can decide you should be deported because you have no viable means of support, but they will lock you up until you can raise the funds to pay for the deportation yourself.

If I am diagnosing your situation correctly, and you have no family or friends to help, you might need to consider a GoFundMe page.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RobinAddy said:

I wish to surrender on the first day of my Visa Expiry.

Suggest where to surrender and with consequences 

You can leave at the airport with any length of overstay. You will be fined 500 baht per day up to a maximum of 20K baht. If the overstay is more than 90 days you will be banned. As long as you can pay the fine you will be allowed to leave.

If you surrender at a police station or immigration office what will happen will depend on the length of your overstay. There will be two outcomes. 

1. Told to go away and leave the country.

2. Arrested, detained, prosecuted, fined, banned and deported.

• Like 1

When an odd or wierd question like this is posted, I always look at the person's profile. This person signed up on TV just 2 hrs ago to ask this question. I would guess he is out of money and looking for a reason for the authorities to send him home for free. If not, then I have no idea why he would post this... Surrender for what reason... maybe he's suicidal?

Edited by BertM
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, RobinAddy said:

I wish to surrender on the first day of my Visa Expiry.

Suggest where to surrender and with consequences

At any immigration point (land or airport).

No consequences.

It's called "leaving the country", not surrendering.

• Like 1

If you think you can get away without paying for a ticket, i have some bad news for you.

They will lock you up until someone else sends funds, it that never happens you are locked up forever.

There are people since decades in thai detention and they will prolly die in there...

Edited by ThomasThBKK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, arithai12 said:

At any immigration point (land or airport).

No consequences.

It's called "leaving the country", not surrendering.

If you are on overstay it is known as “surrendering”. 

If you surrender at the airport they will not, although they could, send you through the prosecution process and they will let you leave the country as long as you pay the fine.

6 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

If you think you can get away without paying for a ticket, i have some bad news for you.

They will lock you up until someone else sends funds, it that never happens you are locked up forever.

There are people since decades in thai detention and they will prolly die in there...

Depends on your nationality.

Some embassies will help at some point and send back to home.

9 hours ago, elviajero said:

You can leave at the airport with any length of overstay. You will be fined 500 baht per day up to a maximum of 20K baht. If the overstay is more than 90 days you will be banned. As long as you can pay the fine you will be allowed to leave.

If you surrender at a police station or immigration office what will happen will depend on the length of your overstay. There will be two outcomes. 

1. Told to go away and leave the country.

2. Arrested, detained, prosecuted, fined, banned and deported.

He won't be banned if it's a short overstay which is what his post implies if he surrenders at a Police / Immigration Office