Expulsion stamp

Hello,

A year ago I was expelled when I tried to make a visa run on the border of Cambodia. I came back 2 months ago, and when the officer saw the stamp he sent me to the officer's office. In the end they let me in after a moment of hesitation.

Question: if I redo a new passport, it can avoid having this type of problem?

The new passport may help a bit, but immigration will still know about your denied entry at Poipet/Aran.

What helps you is that immigration officials at other entry points are well aware that Aran immigration denies entry for dubious reasons, and will tend to discount denied entries that have occurred there. I would still advise entering by land in the future (airports are generally riskier) but do not try to use Poipet/Aran.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KevinFR said:

Question: if I redo a new passport, it can avoid having this type of problem?

The expulsion will be on your record, and your record will be available to the IO even if you get a new passport. As soon as you use the new passport the system will search for your past history using your name, date of birth and nationality.

A new passport will avoid the IO seeing the denial stamp and investigations further, which may or may not help the situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

What helps you is that immigration officials at other entry points are well aware that Aran immigration denies entry for dubious reasons, and will tend to discount denied entries that have occurred there. 

And you know this how?

5 minutes ago, elviajero said:
1 hour ago, BritTim said:

What helps you is that immigration officials at other entry points are well aware that Aran immigration denies entry for dubious reasons, and will tend to discount denied entries that have occurred there. I would still advise entering by land in the future (airports are generally riskier) but do not try to use Poipet/Aran.

And you know this how?

It is fairly clear that this is the case because there are many reports of people entering successfully after being denied entry at Poipet. There are exceptions, but only, as far as I know, where people flew into Bangkok from Siem Reap immediately following the denial, and ran into like minded officials there.

• Like 1

I always come by plane now (from France), the last time I was brought to the office of the officer at Bangkok airport.

Regarding my expulsion, It was a refusal to enter Poipet

Edited by KevinFR
  • Like 1

In case a binational child ever used a Thai passport & using now only EU passport to in/out Thailand, can the IO know that the child used previously a Thai passport ? (same name name birth date) and make problem to the child leaving Thailand on the basis the child is Thai as he used Thai passport previously and asking proof of conscent of the mother ? ( especially if the child leaving on overstay )

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

The new passport may help a bit, but immigration will still know about your denied entry at Poipet/Aran.

Just out of interest how do you know what border crossing the OP was refferring to?

13 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

Just out of interest how do you know what border crossing the OP was refferring to?

Experience. If he had only said entering by land, I would have been 80% sure he meant Poipet (there would have been an outside chance of somewhere like Sadao from Malaysia). Him saying entering from Cambodia clinched it. Immigration at most land crossings only deny entry for legitimate reasons.

• Like 1