Pattaya offers helping hand as wastewater from Na Jom Thian pollutes sea

webfact

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Water treatment is not rocket science. The technology has been around a long time. The solution is to hold the headmen and the local politicians responsible for specific areas, where the treatment facilities have not been built, are poorly maintained, or do not work. There is plenty of money to build and maintain these facilities. It is just a matter of whether or not a community or area can get past the greed of the local authorities, and get them to spend the money, rather than amass a larger fortune. Major consequences have to be put into place. If not by the authorities, than by the local community. Someone needs to be held responsible, shamed in a way that changes their life, and forced by any means necessary to take action. After all, that is part of their job, right?

You got it wrong their job is to see how much money they can steal ????

3 hours ago, edwinchester said:

"The Pattaya Municipality has forbidden tourists from swimming in the polluted water. Some tourists remained defiant and plunged into the polluted sea anyway."

As my dear old mum says, "You can't teach pork."

All the swimmers were coy before ordered to swim .. All members of Na Jomtien Municipality “;0)

30 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Just a pity one of those facilities isn’t a waste treatment system preventing dangerous pathogens and other filth effectively preventing the safe use of a facility being the beach/sea in what is supposed to be a beach resort . Pretty fundamental I’d have thought...

There is a waste water treatment system for Pattaya, Soi Wat Nong Yai 

The sea at Pattaya gets plenty use as a resource. As does the beach.

It is Jomtiem that is lacking one.  One is under construction in Na Jomtiem. 

2 hours ago, GreenerGrass said:

I wonder what kind of notifications were put into place to notify swimmers of the extreme danger's of swimming in that sea. It's absolutley disgusting the fact that it is promoted as a family friendly resort. Build build build with no forward planning for getting rid of the waste is criminal behaviour!!!

I live in a Mubaan in NaJomtien, with a beautiful pool right beside the beach. We get many (illegal) Russian tourist families coming. They would rather swim with the turds in the sea than use the pool! .... even though they have been told.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

THE PATTAYA Municipality chief has instructed Na Jom Thian municipality to divert its wastewater to the Pattaya central wastewater treatment pond as part of urgent measures

How about having a plan in place for such emergency diversions without being "instructed"?

This just means there wasn't - negligence management .... again.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Facilities outstrip many locations in Thailand. I am perplexed by people who live in rural areas. 

So  ???? in the water is a marketing scheme is it :whistling:

There was a term used in Australian prisons years ago

If you didn't want to face the courts you would bronze up in the cells

In other words rub shit all over yourself

I guess this idea has spread to Thai tourits

I think the traditional long lunch, followed by a few notes comparing the quality of the crap being allowed to be discharged into the ocean,  capped off with the standard bundles of folding stuff.

Everyone is happy..

Oh, but what about the tourists who swim?

Mai bpen rai. 

The Chinese don't swim. lol.

All ok.

Just now, soalbundy said:

Look on the bright side, there won't be any sharks in that water, in fact there won't be anything in that water and the stray dogs will stay away from the beach.

You still get plenty of people fishing in the sea from Pattaya Beach. There will always be pleasure boats in the sea. 

Is there anything in Thailand they can get right, what a mess of a country, but i have to give it to them that they rate no1 in numerous categories, road carnage, air pollution, etc, etc, i suppose they going for no1 in most polluted beaches, should go well in the holiday brochures as a beautiful tropical family resort of beaches of crystal clear water and golden sands. about time for them to update holiday info i think.

A cholera vaccination is on my next to do list when visiting my home country..... sooner or later cholera  it is coming here , overcrowded city , and no waste water treatment

Never thought it would be needed for Thailand …..until now

It is about a year ago since the same happen. Wastewater from Na Jomtien run out to the sea. They made an investigation and concluded, just as this time, that it was because the tunnel becomes choked with garbage – which was flushed out by heavy rains. Also that time Pattaya offers to help, but Na Jomtien said no. Nothing has changed. Stupidity remains the same. 

So it is the rains fault, supported heavily by the tourist taking the video clip.

Solution:
a) arrest the rain and take it to court, fine B 500
b) arrest the tourist and take him to court, fine him 500 Million Baht and 2‘500 years of jail

Photo-Op:
Tourist in shackles and orange dead-walk suit, fingered at by the governor of Chonburi, the major of Pattaya and the chief-in-command of the waste water works who had to interrupt his shopping trip to Japan.

1 hour ago, monkeycu said:

So  ???? in the water is a marketing scheme is it :whistling:

There was a term used in Australian prisons years ago

If you didn't want to face the courts you would bronze up in the cells

In other words rub shit all over yourself

I guess this idea has spread to Thai tourits

There are many things in life I do not understand. Bronzing oneself is on the list. Please explain why one would resort to bronzing to avoid an air conditioned court and a chance to exit your cell. The most the Court can do is return you to your cell where you bronzed yourself. ????

12 minutes ago, rickudon said:

Pattaya may have a central sewage treatment plant, but what percentage of it actually works? And what is it's capacity?

Both would be 'very little'.....

This is happening in lots of 'resorts' . Kamala , Bang Tao , Karon and Surin  in Phuket have all been in the news with blackwater this year , as have Ao Nang , Phi Phi and Samui.

The country needs help and its officials need training , and its needed NOW.

I wonder if the international media have got hold of this? The mind boggles when the powers that be are pushing for a super duper Eastern Seaboard Industrial Development. High-speed trains and the like, but ignores the most basic needs of the country and the effects it will have on its cash cow, tourism. As my wife puts it so succinctly "It's parsley on the top to hide what is underneath." 

45 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

There are many things in life I do not understand. Bronzing oneself is on the list. Please explain why one would resort to bronzing to avoid an air conditioned court and a chance to exit your cell. The most the Court can do is return you to your cell where you bronzed yourself. ????

That is something I cant answer, it takes a certain type of looser to think it will have any outcome on the result of the trial

Maybe they think failing to appear before the judge will make the case go away

Archived