Pattaya offers helping hand as wastewater from Na Jom Thian pollutes sea

webfact

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, quandow said:

GODDAMMIT! I just got the ฿800k transferred for the retirement. Now I am SERIOUSLY looking at another country. This is the final straw.

I cannot blame!!  Honestly, excellent decision that took genius, awareness, and a giant pair of NUTZ to do it.

6 hours ago, Borzandy said:

As you can see in the picture no one can know where this water come from.

Well, does it matter where it is coming from ? It's there and will always come back. Guaranteed.

I don't think I would be bursting anyones bubble saying that Pattaya is a cesspit with crooked officials and corrupt authorities! Why don't we just call it for what it is? How would you answer these questions. Would you bring your family to Pattaya on holiday? Would you allow them to swim in the sea? Would you allow them to go on a speedboat trip or rent a jetski? Do you trust the food (Ref pesticides banned in almost all other countries still being used in Thailand at high concentrations)

I love Pattaya and have been here perhaps 15 times. I don't have any intention of stopping but lets not kid anyone trying to say this is a family destination. The mongers who come to Pattaya are generally not interested in swimming unless its in a barrel of beer. (Me included)

9 hours ago, edwinchester said:

"The Pattaya Municipality has forbidden tourists from swimming in the polluted water. Some tourists remained defiant and plunged into the polluted sea anyway."

As my dear old mum says, "You can't teach pork."

Yes you can't educate pork only cure it ….

Worth considering, after 15 years in Phuket I have moved away, not the beautiful place it was beaches not to bad "at the moment" but everything over double the price, road carnage increasing, and check points 2/3 times a day every day, looking to fleece tourist's   

14 hours ago, quandow said:

GODDAMMIT! I just got the ฿800k transferred for the retirement. Now I am SERIOUSLY looking at another country. This is the final straw.

Another part of Thailand where one does not live as a herring in a barrel could be a solution ... :thumbsup:

20 hours ago, quandow said:

I can recommend Penang (Melaysia 2nd home)

15 hours ago, Percy P said:

I can recommend Penang (Melaysia 2nd home)

Then you also need to include a majority of Muslims, Chinese, Tsunami, 2 governments with related visa challenges and uncertainty and to not forget the expensive alcohol to mention some ...  :thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

chiang mai has the smog and burning march april may until the rain clears up the skies.pattaya has this all year round I know where I would prefer stay if it stays the same on the beach

You don't have to swim in the sea, but you do have to breathe.

Archived