BANGKOK
webfact

Nearly 250 babies infected with syphilis due to mothers

4 hours ago, wisperone said:

Maybe LOS has a new meaning.

Great as an advertising campaign :whistling:

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

What do Aids, Syphilis and Chlamydia have in common?

Your mom.

. . . and the bloke who infected her.

Actually that rate is not particularly high, similar to UK. Do not know how many babies are infected though. Rate also similar in the USA, where about 1,000 babies a year are born with Syphilis (mainly in Alabama?). 

The big question is how many are not diagnosed.

It’s a real shame for the babies to have to suffer through this and the treatment for it from birth. I wish them all a quick recovery.

on the other hand, I’m surprised that the government haven’t decided to blame foreigners for the outbreak of it and say it’s the foreigners bringing it in to the country so that they can either demand from the tourists a syphilis free certificate when they apply for a visa and/or enter the country or charge them at the airport for a syphilis test before the get stamped in.

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

What away to come into this World,not a good start.

regards Worgeordie

Can affect eyesight, cognition, hearing, growth, facial features.

47 minutes ago, Falcon said:

It’s a real shame for the babies to have to suffer through this and the treatment for it from birth. I wish them all a quick recovery.

on the other hand, I’m surprised that the government haven’t decided to blame foreigners for the outbreak of it and say it’s the foreigners bringing it in to the country so that they can either demand from the tourists a syphilis free certificate when they apply for a visa and/or enter the country or charge them at the airport for a syphilis test before the get stamped in.

My medical cert for my visa did include "3rd stage syphilis" along with elephantitis , but not HIV

5 hours ago, justin case said:

let me guess...scare the populace and then FORCE VACCINATE ...

for a man it is pretty obvious he has it, when his D. is falling apart

There is no vaccination against syphilis.

The primary symptoms (chancre , discharge, burning on urination) may disappear after 10 days or so if left undiagnosed, then lay dormant for a long time but still transmissible.

Chlamydia generally difficult to Dx in males, and often untreated and transmitted even if their partners Dx and treated as men of refuse treatment.