2-year campaign to include sexual diversity in school curricula succeeds

webfact

2-year campaign to include sexual diversity in school curricula succeeds

sexual-diversity.jpg

Change.org reported on its website on Saturday that its campaign to introduce LGBT education in health and physical activity curricula, starting at Grade 1, has proved successful and will be implemented from the first semester of this year’s educational calendar.

In a statement from Danny Kittinan Daramadhaj, President of the Rainbow Sky Association of Thailand who launched the campaign said “The modifications to health and physical education curricula covering sexual diversity for Grades 1 through 12 have been completed today, and are ready to be deployed in schools from this month (May)”.

Mr. Kittinan recalled his efforts had started two years earlier, saying it was almost impossible to imagine that everyone in society could have the same understanding about sexuality and diversity as they have today.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/2-year-campaign-to-include-sexual-diversity-in-school-curricula-succeeds/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-05-20

1 hour ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Ohh <deleted>. Not Thailand too. Kids in elementary school don't need to learn about sexuality, period.

Read the article. They are were already teaching negative messages that contributed to developing bigotry and discrimination in society. So based on the article they have addressed that fault. That is good. 

Who is this man!!!!.Mabey more nutrition in students diet  ...THIS broken education SYSTEM wants to TEACH MY 5 YEAR OLD ABOUT LESBIANS GAYS BI'S AND TRANSITIONING ....ARE YOU F****ING KIDDING ME... 

I am sure the material is age appropriate and introduced in a non discriminatory way, and may well protect children from predators.

Also if the material informs people at an earlier (appropriate age) regarding STIs and contraception it could reduce the incidence of syphilis and chlamydia 

1 minute ago, mok199 said:

With such a broken education system , LGBT is their focus!!!!....Mabey more nutrition in students diet  ...I WILL NOT HAVE THIS SYSTEM TRY AND TEACH MY 5 YEAR OLD ABOUT LESBIANS GAYS BI'S AND TRANSITIONING ....ARE YOU F****ING KIDDING ME... 

Informing of diversity as opposed to teaching about sexual orientation perhaps??

4 minutes ago, mok199 said:

With such a broken education system , LGBT is their focus!!!!....Mabey more nutrition in students diet  ...I WILL NOT HAVE THIS SYSTEM TRY AND TEACH MY 5 YEAR OLD ABOUT LESBIANS GAYS BI'S AND TRANSITIONING ....ARE YOU F****ING KIDDING ME... 

They already were teaching bigotry. Maybe you would have liked that. 

It seems many Thais are very flexible with male, female and anything in between. They do what they want and most people accept them just like they are.

I am already a little older and I when I grew up calling someone "gay" was a major insult. Now it's just a fact. Good. People are different and they are what they are mostly not why they chose to be one or the other. They are like that. There is no point fighting reality.

The only problem which I have with some of these people that some pretend they are something special and they must have special regulations everywhere. No! Just treat people like people, independent of their sexual desires. 

They do not need sexual indoctrination, what they need is sex education and most of all information on contraception and what to do if they are being abused. They see lgbt/sexual diversity all around them, it's on TV every day. Ads for condoms and sexual health are not. Less brainwashing more useful information.

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What are this mans qualifications , and what is the ciriculum ?? and explain your comment about ''aleady teaching my boy bigotry''....

14 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Informing of diversity as opposed to teaching about sexual orientation perhaps??

I think my 5 yr old has enough on his plate with the 3 r's and L's ( thais script)

All this sounds very commendable but slightly dull and boring. I got my school sex education behind the bike sheds and that hasn't done me any harm; apart from a couple of bad choices in wives. You can't learn that sort of stuff behind the bike shed. 

The Sunday School toilets was another preferred sex education hideout. Although I doubt the Minister would have approved had he know his daughter was a regular attendee.

My point in all this is that I think I grew up relatively normally even though I missed out on the kindergarten sex education programme.

they should teach what XENOPHOBIA means as most thais are infected with that 

and greed and corruption

LGBT, did it exist when you were young ?

personally I think this is government / industry based solution to overpopulation

let's chemically castrate people by confusing the brain with pesticides, chemicals in food and water that they love same sex = not making children but paying TAXES !!!

think about it

as we lack big wars that kill millions, this is the only soft solution to population control

some arab / african / asian countries are getting on the band wagon as they keep growing in numbers and the poor withies are dying and not F. ing enough

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I hope this means that kids are being taught, age appropriate, to respect others in every way regardless of their birth gender and/or how they ultimately feel aligned or oriented towards others. But all done so nothing is being pushed or forced in any way. 

and what about.... a new idea, teaching a love of learning, as well as maybe even doing that in some classes where English, or Chinese, is used as a second language... instead of English as, at best, a very distant third or 4th or 5th language in the overall curriculum.  which is how it is now.

yeah, I know the idea is to get everyone to stop speaking the "local language". 
but will that policy work in time?  after how many more decades?

this is not for "foreign culture" to leak into Thailand, but that everything you can read that is worth reading is very difficult to even understand when translated into the upper diglossia, and impossible in your first language which isn't Pasa Thai for most folks still that I can tell at all.  plus the local languages, as well as the upper diglossia, are all phonetically written and that is unlike any other language on Earth that I know of.  maybe it has something to do with a love of learning.  maybe there is a connection there when contrasted with being able to much more readily and comfortably understand stuff by reading it yourself, in a widely used language with a literary writing system, and then thinking on your own... as opposed to the theory that someone needs to spoon feed you everything you need to know.... by listening to it, whether "live" or on a TV or video screen.  

3 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Ohh <deleted>. Not Thailand too. Kids in elementary school don't need to learn about sexuality, period.

Kids also do not need to learn your kind of discrimination. 

6 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Yeah pretty true. They can watch it on tv on every network, and for actual sexual awareness of life, will see it frequently on the streets by free dogs running around stuck together or doing the deed.

5 hours ago, mok199 said:

What are this mans qualifications , and what is the ciriculum ?? and explain your comment about ''aleady teaching my boy bigotry''....

Maybe that you posted about this now in 3 different topics. Must be real hard for you to accept sexual diversity. I don't see the problem here at all, money might have been spend better on other stuff but that is always the case with everything. 

40 minutes ago, robblok said:

Maybe that you posted about this now in 3 different topics. Must be real hard for you to accept sexual diversity. I don't see the problem here at all, money might have been spend better on other stuff but that is always the case with everything. 

Thanks for reading my rants....I embrace diversity ,but I would rather teach this matter to my boy myself . on my terms not thailands....have a good day sir...

13 minutes ago, mok199 said:

Thanks for reading my rants....I embrace diversity ,but I would rather teach my boy myself ,I feel thai education meddles in my childs life enough....

Purely coincidental that i noticed it. Was more that it was totally off topic so I thought you had a big problem with diversity.  As for the rest I have no clue I have no kids so i know nothing about the Thai educational system.

3 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Kids need to start saying parent 1 and parent 2 instead of mama and papa. Assigning them genders is wrong. 

This is precisely the kind of "progressive" nonsense one hopes Thai parents will not tolerate being taught to their children.

Nobody should be fooled by the Rainbow Sky Association of Thailand's cuddly-sounding name. The primary objective of President Danny and his chums is to brainwash future generations into believing their gender has nothing to do with the sex they were born.

The effects of this anti-scientific proselysing are becoming all too alarmingly clear in "progressive" nations like the UK, where politicians have capitulated to LGBTQ...XYZ activists and enthusiastically embraced the so-called transgender revolution.

As part of the new Enlightenment, junior and infant school children receive their sex education - larded with the politically-correct weasel language of "diversity and inclusivity" - in gender-neutral classrooms where words like boy, girl, man and woman are banned. As a result, many pre-pubescent children are becoming confused about their "real" sex and suffer  mental health problems.

"Going trans" has become such a vogue with the young that a record 50 UK children a week are queueing up to see gender realignment doctors - twice as many as a few years ago.  Children as young as four are asking to change their sex, a process which routinely will involve putting them on potentially harmful hormone blockers to delay puberty.

Parents who have the timerity to object either to the new sex-education curriculum or their children being treated as "trans" are routinely condemned as bigots to be gnored. Some have responded by switching their offspring from state to fee-charging private schools where sex education continues to be based upon science, biology and empirical evidence.

If what is happening in classrooms across the developed world anything to go by, one can reasonably expect to find a crock of something other than gold at the end of Kuhn Danny's rainbow. So do look before you leap, Thailand.

When you were delivered from your Mother's womb and had a little Penis, you are a boy, if you had a vagina, you are a girl. Everything after that is other people screwing with your mind. I've got little sympathy for your inability to adjust to your given body, but only the FREAKS and FUd school administrators will let a 280 lb boy who "IDENTIFIES" as a girl, engage in sports activities as a girl. You may be fud up but so are your parents and counselors who encouraged you to believe you are what you are not.

1 hour ago, Senechal said:

Thai students don't understand basic math, but at least they'll know that there are 374 "genders" and men can get pregnant. ????

Thai high-school students who won 14 awards at the just-ended China Southeast Math Olympiad received a warm welcome home at Suvarnabhumi International Airport on Thursday night.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30351366

5 minutes ago, oldrunner said:

When you were delivered from your Mother's womb and had a little Penis, you are a boy, if you had a vagina, you are a girl. Everything after that is other people screwing with your mind. I've got little sympathy for your inability to adjust to your given body, but only the FREAKS and FUd school administrators will let a 280 lb boy who "IDENTIFIES" as a girl, engage in sports activities as a girl. You may be fud up but so are your parents and counselors who encouraged you to believe you are what you are not.

I guess you don't like ladyboys.  You don't live in Thailand do you?  Why would anyone who didn't appreciate ladyboys live in Thailand.  It's like moving to Colorado and not like skiing. 

Some over the top reactions to this.

I suggest reading the article. 

They were teaching bigotry before.

At the very least, people should support that they shouldn't do that anymore.

I understand that it's controversial to teach more positive messages, but at the very least the teaching bigotry should be removed, and it appears that it will be. 

9 hours ago, justin case said:

they should teach what XENOPHOBIA means as most thais are infected with that 

and greed and corruption

LGBT, did it exist when you were young ?

personally I think this is government / industry based solution to overpopulation

let's chemically castrate people by confusing the brain with pesticides, chemicals in food and water that they love same sex = not making children but paying TAXES !!!

think about it

as we lack big wars that kill millions, this is the only soft solution to population control

some arab / african / asian countries are getting on the band wagon as they keep growing in numbers and the poor withies are dying and not F. ing enough

Are you serious??

Archived