Central’s new Suvarnabhumi lifestyle centre set to open late August

webfact

Central’s new Suvarnabhumi lifestyle centre set to open late August

By The Thaiger

PHOTO: Central Pattana

3197028_620x413.jpg

Central Village, a new luxury retail outlet situated near Suvarnabhumi International Airport, is 70% finished. Wallaya Chirathivat, deputy chief executive of Central Pattana, says the new lifestyle shopping precinct is scheduled to open on August 31.

Central says that retail space in Phase 2 have now opened after Phase 1 of the retail development was totally booked. They report 65 brands have already booked their space in the new development.

Central says the new space is designed with a primary target audience of 25-40 with a monthly income exceeding 50,000 baht.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/bangkok/centrals-new-suvarnabhumi-lifestyle-centre-set-to-open-late-august

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-05-20

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Central says the new space is designed with a primary target audience of 25-40 with a monthly income exceeding 50,000 baht.

Designed and built by the disgustingly rich expressly for the rising stars of the new generation elite. And of course the trough dwellers like bent military generals and politicians who need somewhere to spend their payola. 

Where better to launder it than in expensive brand name (watch) shops.

Designed and built by the disgustingly rich expressly for the rising stars of the new generation elite. And of course the trough dwellers like bent military generals and politicians who need somewhere to spend their payola. 
Where better to launder it than in expensive brand name (watch) shops.

The wealthy should be banned from the planet?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 minutes ago, Sealbash said:

The wealthy should be banned from the planet?

Of course not! I was not talking globally, I was just referring to Thailand. Try to stay on track.

Only the 1% filthy Thai rich who own 67% of the country's assets and don't want to share it with the other 99% should be banned. It goes without saying the inordinately and illegally rich Thai junta generals should also be banned. 

Of course not! I was not talking globally, I was just referring to Thailand. Try to stay on track.
Only the 1% filthy Thai rich who own 67% of the country's assets and don't want to share it with the other 99% should be banned. It goes without saying the inordinately and illegally rich Thai junta generals should also be banned. 

The expensive brand names you refer to are mostly foreign companies which cater to the wealthy. The locale of the proposed construction would indicate the stores are also targeting wealthy travelers?

Where is this specifically located?

How is it going to work? Will travellers, particularly Chinese, be taken there en route to the airport to try and capture the "duty free" / last-minute shopper baht?

5 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Yeah right. You can't ever get enough "lifestyle".

Whenever I hear that wretched word, which characterises the shallowness of modern society, I get the same feeling as the character in the Hanns Jost play who, every time he heard the word "culture", reached for his gun.

Just as well I don't own one!

On 5/20/2019 at 8:37 AM, RotBenz8888 said:

"It will become a must-visit shopping destination to complete your trip.”

Travelers will have to pass through this money sucking black hole when arriving and departing.

Why would they?  It's not in the airport and nobody has to travel through it unless they decide to go there.

And shops do not suck your money into a black hole.  They sell things.  Things have prices.  If you want to buy the thing you pay the price of the thing, then you get to take the thing home.  If you don't want the thing you don't buy the thing.

So you consider shops to be money sucking black holes?  Supermarkets also have things for sale, so you consider them to be money sucking black holes too? 

5 hours ago, BobbyL said:

????

What's funny?

I employ several Thais in that age bracket who earn more than 50k, in fact most of the Thais in that age bracket at my company earn way more than that, nearly all of them.  And I am sure we are not the only company.  Skilled Thais earn money and they are a target audience.  Again, what's funny about that?

I am finding it difficult to contain my excited on hearing this news and wondering just when should I make the effort to visit another shopping complex comprising of overpriced and overrated stores so  similar  to others ?  Stop please too much.  ????????????

Archived