Jump to content
BANGKOK 18 July 2019 05:36
webfact

Exclusive: Google suspends some business with Huawei after Trump blacklist - source

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2019 at 6:39 AM, mtls2005 said:

Yes, for sure.

 

Just look at the ZTE saga last year, where trump fought hard FOR ZTE, against his own party, for what seemed like strange reasons.

 

Not sure if he's crazy like a fox, or just not a fox?

 

Huawei has been building its own OS named "hongmeng" since the ZTE episode.

They want to release the first public version in autumn.

 

This could be actually good news for users, as "hongmeng" must use own maps, own email, own video site, etc. I expect a lot of free stuff is on the way.

 

The US/Google might just have created a large competitor starting out with 250 million customers. Not just for smartphones, tablets and other devices, but also for the internet's largest applications, and... advertising venues.

Edited by manarak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, manarak said:

 

Huawei has been building its own OS named "hongmeng" since the ZTE episode.

They want to release the first public version in autumn.

 

This could be actually good news for users, as "hongmeng" must use own maps, own email, own video site, etc. I expect a lot of free stuff is on the way.

 

The US/Google might just have created a large competitor starting out with 250 million customers. Not just for smartphones, tablets and other devices, but also for the internet's largest applications, and... advertising venues.

Highly unlikely . Try using Chinese websites backend and you will understand why I am saying it.

 

i work with pretty much all OTA’s. Some are more complex than others . Ctrip, Chinese largest OTA is an absolute nightmare , extremely user unfriendly, bugged from top to bottom. It is so bad that I have limited my use of it to absolute minimum. 

 

Aliexpress is another example, half of the time it either glitches or bugs out when it comes to functionality.

 

chinese are good at stealing and copying. Sadly not so good and making copies work as well as original

 

look at all the copy phones, looks same, half the functions and falls apart within months of use.

Edited by BestB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, manarak said:

The US/Google might just have created a large competitor starting out with 250 million customers. Not just for smartphones, tablets and other devices, but also for the internet's largest applications, and... advertising venues.

 

The US/Google didn't create it.  Google (and other US) services like Google search, GMail, YouTube, Facebook, and many others are blocked in China. 

 

Another unequal trade practice done under the guise of "national security" but is really about keeping out foreign competition.  In violation of everything they agreed to when they entered the WTO.

 

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2019 at 11:51 PM, impulse said:

 

The US/Google didn't create it.  Google (and other US) services like Google search, GMail, YouTube, Facebook, and many others are blocked in China. 

 

Another unequal trade practice done under the guise of "national security" but is really about keeping out foreign competition.  In violation of everything they agreed to when they entered the WTO.

 

anyway the WTO was mostly about Western countries being allowed to sell their high tech wares to poorer countries in exchange for letting them export some of their agricultural and mineral resources back.

Japan and Korea led the the tech charge, and now that the West can't dominate the tech market anymore, we will witness a comeback of protectionism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2019 at 11:38 PM, BestB said:

Highly unlikely . Try using Chinese websites backend and you will understand why I am saying it.

 

i work with pretty much all OTA’s. Some are more complex than others . Ctrip, Chinese largest OTA is an absolute nightmare , extremely user unfriendly, bugged from top to bottom. It is so bad that I have limited my use of it to absolute minimum. 

 

Aliexpress is another example, half of the time it either glitches or bugs out when it comes to functionality.

 

chinese are good at stealing and copying. Sadly not so good and making copies work as well as original

 

look at all the copy phones, looks same, half the functions and falls apart within months of use.

 

I have a feeling that Huawei will be a different story.

Their phones aren't bad, but they won't be able to compete with buggy software.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, manarak said:

I have a feeling that Huawei will be a different story.

Their phones aren't bad, but they won't be able to compete with buggy software.

 

They come out of the box with all kinds of Baidu apps and background processes.   It don't get any buggier...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...