Don't stamp your passport with Hello Kitty - the Taiwanese don't like it!

webfact

Don't stamp your passport with Hello Kitty - the Taiwanese don't like it!

6pm.jpg

Caption: Can't travel because of Kitty

A Thai woman went online to advise people not to decorate their passports with pink stamps of the cartoon character Hello Kitty. 

This is because the Taiwanese authorities won't let you into their country.

Three passports similarly defaced were shown online after an airline barred the holders from travelling to Taiwan at the weekend. 

The holders argued that they had got into plenty of other countries before but the airline wouldn't budge. 

It was unclear whether the passport holders were children or adults. 

Netizens related similar stories about Taiwan - apparently it was a turkey shoot as to whether you'd get in if you'd put cartoon stamps on your passport. 

More adults netizens pointed out that a passport was a grown-up document issued by a government - deface it at your peril. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-20

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, webfact said:

A Thai woman went online to advise people not to decorate their passports with pink stamps

What a revolutionary concept!

Don't decorate the pages in my passport? 

Thank god I read this. I was about to tie-dye mine. 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

It was unclear whether the passport holders were children or adults. 

in Thailand they stop mentally maturing at 8 - problem being they physically mature and  get to play with adult things like cars motorbikes guns and passports 

24 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Yes, that is the point of the story.

Aware of that. I suppose I was thinking about a statement in the OP about the holder saying she had been allowed into 'other' countries with the stamp in her passport.

Surprised she got past Imm' in Thailand unless using auto gates.

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

'Adults' for sure.

With a mental age and IQ  added together that is the same as their shoe size and for sure should not be let out alone. Some people just don't have the intelligence for international travel (Westerners included).

2 minutes ago, Snow Leopard said:

With a mental age and IQ  added together that is the same as their shoe size and for sure should not be let out alone. Some people just don't have the intelligence for international travel (Westerners included).

Yep.

I remember a question ( on another forum ) from a guy from USA asking if he needed a passport to visit Vietnam because the USA won the war there.

14 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Yep.

I remember a question ( on another forum ) from a guy from USA asking if he needed a passport to visit Vietnam because the USA won the war there.

Nothing like a great knowledge of modern history. I am sure the CIA didn't shoot Kennedy either. 

It was the airline who refused to let them fly...

Probably there have been other instances and Taiwan has sent out a memo to Airlines warning them that they may refuse entry and fine the airline. 

But I would think Thai Immigration would take a dim view of it also.  

2 hours ago, webfact said:

A Thai woman went online to advise people not to decorate their passports with pink stamps of the cartoon character Hello Kitty.

Only the terminally stupid would require -or have to give- such advice...

9 minutes ago, Snow Leopard said:

Nothing like a great knowledge of modern history. I am sure the CIA didn't shoot Kennedy either. 

Ask any Paddy and they will tell you the IRA did it because he wouldn't fund their weapons shipments !

37 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Yep.

Seems to be lacking knowledge on a few subjects there. 

Archived