Don't stamp your passport with Hello Kitty - the Taiwanese don't like it!

webfact

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Yep.

I remember a question ( on another forum ) from a guy from USA asking if he needed a passport to visit Vietnam because the USA won the war there.

WHO won the war there? Though I'm sure passports weren't necessary when the losers lost and ran away!

2 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Why do we even need a passport in this digital world we live in?
An iris scan and thumbprint at the border should be enough.

I think you will find an increase in thumb aputations and eye-ball jacking.

43 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Why do we even need a passport in this digital world we live in?
An iris scan and thumbprint at the border should be enough.

God forbid!! Imagine the fury of imm officers if they couldn't pour over your passport for 5 minutes and scowl menacingly

Reminds me of both bachelor and masters business classes I took over about 10 years back, every submission features numerous cartoon characters and especially Hello Kitty.

I told the students this stops now but it didn't and i got deluged with 'but it looks so lovely', etc.

I immediately started rejection submissions and after 2 weeks I said, 'if I have rejected your submissions because of kelly Kitty etc, you have 4 hours to resubmit with perfect formatting and fonts etc and nothing more and must have pages numbers. Four hours only to resubmit. instantly one girl  said 'but I have to help my mother shopping for a new car'. I repeated 4 hours only, no further discussion.

Meanwhile the European exchange students were giggling, they couldn't believe this was happening. 

29 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Reminds me of both bachelor and masters business classes I took over about 10 years back, every submission features numerous cartoon characters and especially Hello Kitty.

I told the students this stops now but it didn't and i got deluged with 'but it looks so lovely', etc.

I immediately started rejection submissions and after 2 weeks I said, 'if I have rejected your submissions because of kelly Kitty etc, you have 4 hours to resubmit with perfect formatting and fonts etc and nothing more and must have pages numbers. Four hours only to resubmit. instantly one girl  said 'but I have to help my mother shopping for a new car'. I repeated 4 hours only, no further discussion.

Meanwhile the European exchange students were giggling, they couldn't believe this was happening. 

Aesthetics over academia?

Tut tut.

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Tell Eva Air that, I hated that paint job, even though it was on the outside not the inside. 

I used to fly air courier a lot and it seemed every time I flew Eva, it was on that infantile, stupid looking aircraft.  I wonder if being assigned to pilot that aircraft was considered punishment duty.  Can you imagine the <deleted> they would get from flight control and ground crews.

18 minutes ago, dddave said:

I used to fly air courier a lot and it seemed every time I flew Eva, it was on that infantile, stupid looking aircraft.  I wonder if being assigned to pilot that aircraft was considered punishment duty.  Can you imagine the <deleted> they would get from flight control and ground crews.

It must have been because I found myself driving one far too often. However, the Thai passengers loved it and would comment to the cabin staff. We also gave away many Hello Kitty children's play bags, very popular. 

9 hours ago, seeyoujimmy said:

No just your typical Thai adult.

didn't read the end then, "More adults netizens pointed out that a passport was a grown-up document issued by a government - deface it at your peril. "

Guess they are not all typical then 

8 hours ago, overherebc said:

Yep.

I remember a question ( on another forum ) from a guy from USA asking if he needed a passport to visit Vietnam because the USA won the war there.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is when even a double facepalm is not enough.

1 hour ago, monkeycu said:

I doubt you would find one in this universe 

But remember there are infinite parallel universes. In one of them Thais can give you the change of a 405 baht check when you hand them 505 baht cash without using a calculator. And in another, distant one they can actually drive.

Archived