Don't stamp your passport with Hello Kitty - the Taiwanese don't like it!

webfact

1 hour ago, arithai12 said:

But remember there are infinite parallel universes. In one of them Thais can give you the change of a 405 baht check when you hand them 505 baht cash without using a calculator. And in another, distant one they can actually drive.

I doubt in any universe they can drive safely :ermm:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

God forbid!! Imagine the fury of imm officers if they couldn't pour over your passport for 5 minutes and scowl menacingly

The immigration officer in my local office who got his paws on my passport nearly poured his coffee over it a couple of years ago, poor guy,  after he spent 10 minutes poring over all the stamps.:unsure:

Sorry, my full house beats your triple face palm Andrew.:jap:

My Royal Flush beats your Full House I think Ratty [emoji851]

IMG_9121.JPG

As we could be accused of going off topic I think we should leave it here and just say......................I WON !!

Don't stamp your passport with Hello Kitty - the Taiwanese don't like it!

6pm.jpg.01767fbde66518b406a7a24a820e29ad.jpg
Caption: Can't travel because of Kitty

A Thai woman went online to advise people not to decorate their passports with pink stamps of the cartoon character Hello Kitty. 

This is because the Taiwanese authorities won't let you into their country.

Three passports similarly defaced were shown online after an airline barred the holders from travelling to Taiwan at the weekend. 

The holders argued that they had got into plenty of other countries before but the airline wouldn't budge. 

It was unclear whether the passport holders were children or adults. 

Netizens related similar stories about Taiwan - apparently it was a turkey shoot as to whether you'd get in if you'd put cartoon stamps on your passport. 

More adults netizens pointed out that a passport was a grown-up document issued by a government - deface it at your peril. 

Source: Sanook

thai%2Bvisa_news.jpg&key=07605ee8009e033e42aebb80e2dcd682bb500b914912a36112e686ab3ed5fbdc
-- [emoji2398] Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-20 Follow Thaivisa on LINE for breaking Thailand news and visa info
Thai immigration deface mine every 90 days lol

Sent from my SM-A510F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 hours ago, Snow Leopard said:

Nothing like a great knowledge of modern history. I am sure the CIA didn't shoot Kennedy either. 

12 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Ask any Paddy and they will tell you the IRA did it because he wouldn't fund their weapons shipments !

Ah. One of those salutary comments which remind us that, much though we may laugh at Thais destroying their own passports with Hello Kitty stamps, there are farangs among us who are even dumber.

Kennedy was shot in 1963. The IRA was not active at that time. The civil rights campaign in Northern Ireland did not start until the mid-1960s, and the Provisional IRA did not emerge until December 1969. 

8 hours ago, donnacha said:

Ah. One of those salutary comments which remind us that, much though we may laugh at Thais destroying their own passports with Hello Kitty stamps, there are farangs among us who are even dumber.

Kennedy was shot in 1963. The IRA was not active at that time. The civil rights campaign in Northern Ireland did not start until the mid-1960s, and the Provisional IRA did not emerge until December 1969. 

My CIA comment was a sarcastic jibe. 

11 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

My Royal Flush beats your Full House I think Ratty emoji851.png
IMG_9121.JPG
As we could be accused of going off topic I think we should leave it here and just say......................I WON !!

You win Andrew, your Royal Flush does indeed trump my Full House.:clap2:image.jpeg.621effbbbd7e07abcf26692ebc80a4f8.jpeg

10 hours ago, donnacha said:

No History lessons needed here; my statement was a 'Joke', so perhaps i am not the dumb one eh !

4 hours ago, Snow Leopard said:

My CIA comment was a sarcastic jibe. 

Yeah, I know, it was funny. I only included your comment to give context to the comment of the guy who responded to you. It was his moronic comment, suggesting that "paddies" killed the first Irish-American president, that I was responding to.

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

No History lessons needed here; my statement was a 'Joke', so perhaps i am not the dumb one eh !

By convention, jokes should include some element of humor, not just casual racism. For bonus points, a good joke - or even just a good conspiracy theory - should have at least some tether to reality.

Archived