Another holiday banks closed

3 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

What is comical about a public holiday ? Just because you didn't bother to read the TV news about it last week or understand that holidays that fall over the weekend will have a substitute day following. !!

just like in the west. 

5 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

What is comical about a public holiday ? Just because you didn't bother to read the TV news about it last week or understand that holidays that fall over the weekend will have a substitute day following. !!

Just too many of them I think he means and there are. Next up the new one of June 3rd, or there might be one before, you never know!

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Thats it for me, I've had enough , I'm going home . 

Bank being closed on a Bank holiday .

Not only that , the sun came out in the daytime today .

Whatever next ?

Even worse than that, just found out water is wet ????????????

Holidays are a nuisance to anyone except civil servants.  Maybe because we just watched them waste half of April.  Seems like if you are like the 3/4 of Thais with a negative worth, a double shift would be more practical than a sunrise trip to the temple followed by two days of binge drinking.  Next monday is Memorial Day...I respect the heck out of what it stands for, but still a pain in the arse, and they will be setting up the roadblocks there, too.

3 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Exactly "wrecking country" should familarise himself with this list for places to avoid on his next assignment/holiday/retirement/whatever.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/countries-with-the-most-public-holidays.html

And one country which isn't even included in this list is the UK - which, by my reckoning, only has 8 public holidays each year. But, before jumping on a plane to Heathrow, @wreckingcountry should be aware that one of these incredibly rare events falls next Monday, 27th May!

36 minutes ago, OJAS said:

And one country which isn't even included in this list is the UK - which, by my reckoning, only has 8 public holidays each year. But, before jumping on a plane to Heathrow, @wreckingcountry should be aware that one of these incredibly rare events falls next Monday, 27th May!

it has and if he thinks the holiday in Thailand today is comical, if he ever goes to Cambodia, with 28, he will be rolling around in stitches ????

Archived