Snarling orange 'Trump baby' blimp to mock U.S. president in Britain, protesters say

webfact

On 5/20/2019 at 6:17 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

What impact this has on Trump has yet to be seen, but it’s certainly got a few of his supporters here on TVF blowing a gasket.

Not at all.  More like the shaking of the head in sadness at how hopelessly some people have been misled.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well it's not oil anymore, since last year for the first time in decades the United States was a net exporter of oil.

I'm baffled by why a US President is so supportive of one of the most extreme Islamic countries on the planet anymore, while continuing to rail against an equally oppressive regime in Iran

Then again, there is the agreement to sell more weapons to Saudi Arabia, announced this week, just so they can continue their war in Yemen, baffles me too.

Like many things with Trump, inconsistency is his defining feature

Not like the previous administration had a much different policy, or that before him etc. Not really a Trump thing there, albeit supporters could be tasked with finding excuses as to why he's continuing supposedly questionable legacy policies.

USA interest with the ME oil producing countries lies, I think, with keeping world market stable. Whether this is still the case, can be questioned as well.

11 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

They won’t bring any change to Trump, he is beyond redemption.

But perhaps they will show Americans back home how universally despised this man is. 

He base won’t be changed but perhaps it will galvanize enough people to get out in 2020 and vote this insult to the office of POTUS out. 

IMO few Americans take much notice of the Brits, I certainly don't, and I lived there. Never seen such a bunch of PC people ( being polite ). The Brexit fiasco only goes to reinforce how barking Britain has become. Does anyone take them seriously anymore?

And to think that once upon a time the sun never set on the British Empire,

As for voting him out- any charismatic politician with reasonable policies could probably win the election against him. Had HRC not been the Dems candidate last time, probably any Dem candidate would have won. He won because of her, IMO, not because of him. Unfortunately for the Dems, they have no such candidate at present and time is passing by quickly. If they want a hope of winning, better get moving and find a decent candidate and some reasonable policies.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 2:02 AM, johnnybangkok said:

I would never criticise anyone for not going into the armed forces voluntarily but you have to seriously question the character of anyone that dodged the draft through duplicitous and morally abhorrent methods.

Especially if they were then running to be the commander and chief of said armed forces.    

Talking about George Bush the younger, are you?

What about those that went to Canada? How many sons of rich people went to Vietnam?

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO few Americans take much notice of the Brits, I certainly don't, and I lived there. Never seen such a bunch of PC people ( being polite ). The Brexit fiasco only goes to reinforce how barking Britain has become. Does anyone take them seriously anymore?

And to think that once upon a time the sun never set on the British Empire,

As for voting him out- any charismatic politician with reasonable policies could probably win the election against him. Had HRC not been the Dems candidate last time, probably any Dem candidate would have won. He won because of her, IMO, not because of him. Unfortunately for the Dems, they have no such candidate at present and time is passing by quickly. If they want a hope of winning, better get moving and find a decent candidate and some reasonable policies.

You have a distain for the British being PC as you put it ? But my, what another American hypocrite you sound to be !!  It was you lot who developed it like a plaque and exported it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_correctness

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Whatever the origins it's a plague on society and is destroying men.

The only reason I support Trump is because he's anything but PC. 

Well I agree with half your statement regarding PC but can not see your reasoning for supporting Trump soley due to that aspect. The man is a buffoon in my opinion, constantly falling into his own traps but as for PC, he probably doesn't not even understand he is being un PC.

On 5/20/2019 at 6:19 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

(Admittedly you probably spotted the  10,000 pro-Brexit demonstrators while ignoring the 1,000,000 pro-Remain demonstrators).

Peaceful, democratic protest is alive and well in the U.K.

Those who protest are not losers, they are participating in democracy.

... as you typically bypass the 17.4M people that voted to leave. Democracy, you say? Only when it suits, eh. Pffft!

There seems a stark connection between the leave crowd and puerile Trump baters... sort of bordering on self-centered mush. Whatever one thinks of the bloke - and he is a bit of a twit - he's still the president and was invited. Get on the streets, waste thousands of man (sorry, and women, or is it peoplekind?) hours to protest by all means, but this blimp smacks of cringe-worthy embarrassment. With the way prissy Britain is going, we ever find ourselves invaded by a proper aggressor again, I'm afraid we are screwed.

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

... as you typically bypass the 17.4M people that voted to leave. Democracy, you say? Only when it suits, eh. Pffft!

There seems a stark connection between the leave crowd and puerile Trump baters... sort of bordering on self-centered mush. Whatever one thinks of the bloke - and he is a bit of a twit - he's still the president and was invited. Get on the streets, waste thousands of man (sorry, and women, or is it peoplekind?) hours to protest by all means, but this blimp smacks of cringe-worthy embarrassment. With the way prissy Britain is going, we ever find ourselves invaded by a proper aggressor again, I'm afraid we are screwed.

A bit? :stoner:

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

If Britain was threatened by a ( unnamed, but you know which ) powerful country, the very people currently protesting Trump would probably be crying for the US to come and save them.

Sorry to say, but without the US, if Britain was threatened by a major, nuclear armed power, and the US didn't agree to come and save it, the best the UK could do would be to hang a surrender flag in the language of the aggressor, IMO.

Since the high days of BAOR, successive governments have emasculated the once great military to the point that they don't even have an aircraft carrier that can be used in a conflict. Sad much?

3 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Well I agree with half your statement regarding PC but can not see your reasoning for supporting Trump soley due to that aspect. The man is a buffoon in my opinion, constantly falling into his own traps but as for PC, he probably doesn't not even understand he is being un PC.

Well, I have to support someone, given the influence the USA has on my part of the world, and I could not, under any circumstance, support HRC, or her fellow travellers in the Dems party. Not being PC is as good a reason as any.

16 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Talking about George Bush the younger, are you?

What about those that went to Canada? How many sons of rich people went to Vietnam?

Mr muller for one do you rember Donald saying avoiding stds was his Vietnam all this while he was squandering daddy’s cash?

Archived