I am confused with Yellow book application.

LolaS

hello, I moved from Su thep to Padeat recently and went to Tesaban office to make yellow book,

they required blue book from my landlord, however, she told me she doesn't have it.

Because she never lived in that house, it is only for renting so she never resides there and that is why she never needed to make blue book, Tabienban.

What should I do? I am so confused.

best regards

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She should go get the blue book and help you out,but ......

renting it out legally she will have to pay tax.

You can never have proof of residency if the owner does not have a blue book.

If she does not want to help you ,find another place to live.

3 minutes ago, jvs said:

but I already signed the contract. that is the problem.

7 minutes ago, LolaS said:

If the lady is legit she can get a copy of the blue book, somebody has it...The lady also knows she must tell immigration that you are living at her place..

If she is dodgy, not declaring earnings, then she will be evasive...If me I would tell her if she cannot provide a blue book copy you are off...If she complains then ask her to go to the land office to explain why she is renting with no blue book.

I suspect that there is a 'blue book' as it is usually required to get a permanent electric supply.

If the landlord is the owner but has never lived there then there maybe no names in the book.

Ref the 'yellow book' permission from the owner or designated house master is required to be registered at their address, you cannot just go and demand one.

As others have said there must be a blue book.Obviously she is not being honest with you.

Are you having these converstions with her in Thai or English,is something being lost in translation or does she not the understand the 'rules"

Stay firm you are in the right if it comes to the crunch you hav every right to thrteaten to take some legal action to get her to comply.

I'm presuming no agent is involved

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

Yes, I know it's OT. But you'll need a copy of the blue book and ID card to do it.

no need, only contract is enough, She reported for the first time in person, that was it. easy process.

1 hour ago, transam said:

If the lady is legit she can get a copy of the blue book, somebody has it...The lady also knows she must tell immigration that you are living at her place..

If she is dodgy, not declaring earnings, then she will be evasive...If me I would tell her if she cannot provide a blue book copy you are off...If she complains then ask her to go to the land office to explain why she is renting with no blue book.

I think we are confusing here TM30 and yellow book application. I dont have problem with TM30, process went smoothly and fast, problem is at TESABAN office, it is requirement, however she doesnt have for the house I rent because nobody ever lived there. only rent

54 minutes ago, ThaidDown said:

I suspect that there is a 'blue book' as it is usually required to get a permanent electric supply.

If the landlord is the owner but has never lived there then there maybe no names in the book.

Ref the 'yellow book' permission from the owner or designated house master is required to be registered at their address, you cannot just go and demand one.

she told me when she bought the house they never needed to do.

20 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

As others have said there must be a blue book.Obviously she is not being honest with you.

Are you having these converstions with her in Thai or English,is something being lost in translation or does she not the understand the 'rules"

Stay firm you are in the right if it comes to the crunch you hav every right to thrteaten to take some legal action to get her to comply.

I'm presuming no agent is involved

of course, no agent is involved. She told me she only has blue book for her own property where she resides aka lives, but not the houses and properties she has for purpose of renting, she has many apartments and houses in chiang mai, that is the problem.

13 minutes ago, LolaS said:

of course, no agent is involved. She told me she only has blue book for her own property where she resides aka lives, but not the houses and properties she has for purpose of renting, she has many apartments and houses in chiang mai, that is the problem.

The woman is not being honest,if you did not pay any money yet,walk away.

Every new house in Thailand receives a blue book,if it is lost not a big problem,can be replaced in a day.

5 minutes ago, jvs said:

Every new house in Thailand receives a blue book,if it is lost not a big problem,can be replaced in a day.

Every house receives a blue book, only when the owner applies for one. As the owner is registered at another address she probably is telling the truth that she dosn't have one. Even if she had a blank blue book, that wouldn't help the OP as there needs to be a houaemaster registered in order to add other people...i.e. The OP in a corresponding yellow book.

8 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Every house receives a blue book, only when the owner applies for one. As the owner is registered at another address she probably is telling the truth that she dosn't have one. Even if she had a blank blue book, that wouldn't help the OP as there needs to be a houaemaster registered in order to add other people...i.e. The OP in a corresponding yellow book.

Well if the owner hasnt applied for one before, which is doubtful, she can to to the Tessaban and get one and sort it out for her tenant thats what most honest ,resonsible people would do. She has many properties ,she knows the rules

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Well if the owner hasnt applied for one before, which is doubtful, she can to to the Tessaban and get one and sort it out for her tenant thats what most honest ,resonsible people would do. She has many properties ,she knows the rules

But who will be added as the housemaster, the owner dosnt live there. For immigration requirements, she can show ownership by way of Chanote, plus I.D card and blue book where she is registered. Providing she meets these requirements she is under no obligation to do anything else, a yellow book for a tenant isn't a given right.

33 minutes ago, baansgr said:

But who will be added as the housemaster, the owner dosnt live there. For immigration requirements, she can show ownership by way of Chanote, plus I.D card and blue book where she is registered. Providing she meets these requirements she is under no obligation to do anything else, a yellow book for a tenant isn't a given right.

I think we all understand that but only the owner can resolve this situation by saying she lives there and if she has multiple properties surely this matter has arisen before or are they all sitting empty ? Nothing to do with immigration is it ? The OP is looking for advice to get out of her yellow book predicament.Nothing we are adding really is helping

When I recently moved from Santitham subdistrict, where I had a yellow book, to Sansai, I went to Santitham and cancelled my old yellow book and was given a form to take to Santitham. I was issued a new yellow book on the basis of this form. Lola S, have you been to Suthep to cancel the old yellow book and get the transfer form?

Should not have signed unless the contract stated landlord would do everything necessary to get you a yellow book. As a landlord I would not do it unless I had specifically agreed to or had a 5+ year contract. Many places will not provide a yellow book without proof the applicant has lived there for years anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

18 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Just a quick question, is it the Tessabahn or Amphur that issue yellow books. ?

It depends. Usually amphur (district), but can tambon (subistrict). The administration of, and requirements for, the issue of a yellow book are so variable (even by the standards of Thai bureaucracy) from place to place that the only worthwhile advice is local advice. I suggest you go to your local district office as a starting point. If you don't speak Thai, take a Thai speaker with you.

It depends. Usually amphur (district), but can tambon (subistrict). The administration of, and requirements for, the issue of a yellow book are so variable (even by the standards of Thai bureaucracy) from place to place that the only worthwhile advice is local advice. I suggest you go to your local district office as a starting point. If you don't speak Thai, take a Thai speaker with you.

Thanks, the reason I asked is, I went to my Amphur almost 2 years ago to get the yellow book, long story short: it didn’t work out !!

Someone on a thread on TVF suggested I went to the Tessabahn, which I did but don’t come under their jurisdiction as they cover only the city and I am in a district outside. ( I am on the outskirts of the city and 5 minutes from the Tessabahn but 30 minutes away from the Amphur [emoji849])

But, a new building has appeared recently and the gf tells me it’s the Tessabahn so I was wondering if it was worth my time trying there.

You are obviously correct, I need to go and ask them.

On 5/20/2019 at 1:35 PM, jvs said:

i dont see why would she lied to me.

On 5/21/2019 at 6:40 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Thanks, the reason I asked is, I went to my Amphur almost 2 years ago to get the yellow book, long story short: it didn’t work out !!

Someone on a thread on TVF suggested I went to the Tessabahn, which I did but don’t come under their jurisdiction as they cover only the city and I am in a district outside. ( I am on the outskirts of the city and 5 minutes from the Tessabahn but 30 minutes away from the Amphur emoji849.png)

But, a new building has appeared recently and the gf tells me it’s the Tessabahn so I was wondering if it was worth my time trying there.

You are obviously correct, I need to go and ask them.

ridiculous, every Amphur have some sort of administrative unit you should look it more into details.

On 5/20/2019 at 7:08 PM, CMoldie said:

When I recently moved from Santitham subdistrict, where I had a yellow book, to Sansai, I went to Santitham and cancelled my old yellow book and was given a form to take to Santitham. I was issued a new yellow book on the basis of this form. Lola S, have you been to Suthep to cancel the old yellow book and get the transfer form?

problem is they asked me only for landlord blue book. which she claims doesnt have.

Forget it, if she does not want to come up with the blue book she surely does not want to do all the other stuff needed to get you a yellow book.

She is just telling you she does not want to do it. She knows it is not required.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:50 AM, jvs said:

Tell her she need to go get one as you need it for Immigration.

Offer to give her a ride to the office to get the blue book.

My landlord does not live with me in the house and still have a blue book. No resident listed . 

On 5/20/2019 at 11:50 AM, jvs said:

On 5/20/2019 at 12:10 PM, transam said:

You are mixing several different offices that are not related to one another.

* Payment (or non payment) of tax is the revenue department

* blue book is the ampoe (district office) and all that is registered in the blue book is who resides in the house / condo

* immigration - visas, permits of stay and  all TM forms

* the land office keeps track of property ownership

So when a landlord fill out a TM30 for a foreign tenant, Immigration do not check with the revenue department if the landlord has declared the rental and pays tax on the earnings.

The blue book is a residential registration for those who reside in the house / condo and the district office doesn't care if the tenants pay rent to the landlord, get paid by the landlord or how they are related (or not) to the landlord - or the house master who doesn't have to be the owner of the property.

The land office doesn't care what you do with the property, if you got a blue, yellow, pink, green or any other color of book. Nor do they care if you rent it out, live in it or leave it deserted and falling apart or whatever. 

On 5/20/2019 at 12:23 PM, ThaidDown said:

If the current owner of the property bought it second hand with all utilities connected by previous owner (with blue book of course) she / he might have not got the blue book at the time of buying the property and might have not been concerned about it as the OP says she never lived there. I bought a unit from a previous owner who claimed to have lost the blue book. I never needed it so I never bothered with getting a new one...

I bought a condo without bluebook.  A year later, I did the yellow book battle. Started by getting a blank blue... was able to put the seller on the phone with the tesaban.. she didn't have to appear.  Was given a blue, then a few weeks later given a yellow.  Just got a tax free fixed deposit for over age 55 with it... But if you already have one, yellow, get the form from the old place and it is much easier.  I did mine in South Su Thep.. Suthep is so big it is two tesaban.. translation done at cmuli for 300 THB.. translation of passport. But, my tesaban would not give an 8 year resident of the apartments next door one... they said for owner only.. Ymmv. 

Archived