How much do you spend a month?

FruitPudding

How Much Do You Spend A Month?  

326 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31-40k, of which the damned smoking i just got back into takes 10k.

2 years smoke free went to hell after i

drank beer almost every day with an old friend that made a trip back to thailand

Edited by brokenbone
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Calm down professor. I ain't writing a dissertation.

From my experience, the items I mention are sold at a lower price in the UK and in my opinion better quality.

Some things are more expensive (transport, utility bills, accomadation), though perhaps not if you compare to the average salary in both countries.

OK, name 50 everyday family consumer items and 50 food items that are cheaper in the UK than Thailand, from your experience and prove the ref. I stated in post #4 is not accurate, so we can all benefit from this news.

Edited by geoffbezoz
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

I'm paying the same price for hookers as I was paying ten years ago

Are they ten years older?

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, but now they are ten years older  than back then 

Damn, beat me to it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Are they ten years older?

Damn, beat me to it.

Both wrong. In fact they're ten years younger. One of the benefits of the influx of Cambodians and Burmese

Edited by ThaiBunny
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

but choose to live simply and once the property (usually highest expense) is paid, there are only running costs and food.So it can be as much or as little as person chooses it to be.

One person could say 100k another 20k it means nothing

sure??

just y forgot

visas.healthinsurance.car motorbike transportation.new or replacment of tv com qnd other .the wife or kik or the temporary ones.....

i could make the list longggggggggeerrr

20 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

OK, name 50 everyday family consumer items and 50 food items that are cheaper in the UK than Thailand, from your experience and prove the ref. I stated in post #4 is not accurate, so we can all benefit from this news.

Wine, cheese, milk, lamb, beef, craft cider, clotted cream, tea bags ......... that's it, I'm out of cheaper items.

But,

Pork, chicken, eggs, bread, mangoes, Pepsi, rice, bell peppers, Vodka, Gin ............. way cheaper in Thailand.

I spend around 40k a month in Thailand, but once the teen finishes University, I'll be down to 30k/month.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

How long is a piece of string ?

Depends entirely on ones life-style, which is often dependent on income.

There are those that may have a good income but choose to live simply and once the property (usually highest expense) is paid, there are only running costs and food.So it can be as much or as little as person chooses it to be.

One person could say 100k another 20k it means nothing as there are too many variables and entirely dependent on lifestyle one chooses and where they choose to live it.

WOW!  Heavy, man. That's some profound shit. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, cornishcarlos said:

Coffee machines are ridiculously cheap in U.K compared to Thailand !!!

How many of those are in your weekly spend?

But I'll offset your coffee machine with my RGH Xbox Slim 360, 4,000bht including 2 controllers and 1TB of games, in the UK 4,000bht just for the bare console.

Edited by BritManToo

34 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Apart from wine and cheese, I've not found anything cheaper in the UK.

Recently bought a 60" LG TV, only difference in price was 3 year warranty in Thailand (Lazada), 5 year warranty in UK (John Lewis).

My house and girlfriend are considerably cheaper in Thailand, as is my council tax, water, internet and electricity.

Really?

Milk, bread, butter, apples, grapes, bacon, tea, instant coffee, chocolates, fast food, underwear, t-shirts are all typically priced lower. Even laptops, cars and beds.

And then if you look at the average purchasing power, the difference is huge (even if the actual item may be priced higher in UK, and many things are not, like the items I listed above).

Example. At a supermarket cafe you could buy about 16 plates of food (e.g. fish n chips) a day on minumim wage. In Thailand, you could only get 8 dishes (e.g. bowl of noodles). And the portion size is double compared to Thailand.

And often in supermarket cafes, they will have a special dish everyday for half price. When is the last time anyone saw a noodle soup vender doing a 20 baht promotion price?

If course, I ain't on a local minimum wage, but I ain't earning what I could in the UK either (I wasn't on a UK minimum wage either).

And some people are retired here, so their perspective is different.

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Snow Leopard said:

Well said. Off course some items are cheaper but overall the UK has many. many hidden costs. 

That wouldn't include TAXES would it? :wink:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

And then if you look at the average purchasing power, the difference is huge (even if the actual item may be priced higher in UK, and many things are not).

The 600 pounds a month I save on my house and council tax are really the only significant cost.

But you could add in my car repairs, tax, mot and insurance which are less than 100 pounds a year in Thailand.

Chocolate is cold weather food, I really don't have the urge to eat it in Thailand, no matter what the cost.

Butter, you're mistaken, 65bht for 500gm in YoK, half the price of the UK.

Minimum wage for a Brit working in Thailand is 50k/month, that would buy a lot of plates of fish and chips.

Edited by BritManToo

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

The 600 pounds a month I save on my house and council tax are really the only significant cost.

Agreed, - From what I can see - & I'm no expert as never go grocery shopping the real savings are on taxes, dependent on lifestyle, the retail market is controlled by two families here so prices are pretty much set in stone.

• Like 1