US Embassy issues advisory on medical care for tourists, long-stay expats

webfact

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Thaidream said:

However, there is hope for future retirees- Medicare For All - a universal healthcare system is being touted by the Democratic candidates for President to be phased in over 5 years.  It will eliminate Insurance Companies- force Big Pharma to lower their prices and cover all Americans hopefully everywhere they live.  Healthcare is a human right!!!

Holy sh******t.    I almost just died.       laughing

The "dream" part of your username is spot on

buy hey, you got my vote 

On 5/21/2019 at 6:42 PM, Mango Bob said:

I googled this:    Medicare may pay for inpatient hospital, doctor, ambulance services, or dialysis you get in a foreign country in these rare cases: You're in the U.S. when a Medicalemergency occurs, and the foreign hospital is closer than the nearest U.S. hospital that can treat your medical condition.

so basically if you are across the border from Tijuana , Mexico and you suddenly have a heart attack

40 minutes ago, rumak said:

so basically if you are across the border from Tijuana , Mexico and you suddenly have a heart attack

Just need the US to annex CTW. But too late. The Chinese have already done that.

On May 21, 2019 at 1:38 PM, oslooskar said:

Do you know of an expatriate forum like this one, but for Vietnam? I lived in Saigon in late 1965 and early 1966 and would relocate there in a nano second if need be.

Sorry, I do not. Hanoi is much cooler than Saigon. But Saigon has cleaned itself up since I was there 17 years ago. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2019 at 7:38 AM, GinBoy2 said:

Actually it depends

You may well be talking about marrying a Thai Govt worker. 

I'm married to a Thai who works for the US Government

She's a civilian contractor for DoD.

Now I'm not complaining the coverage we get through BCBS is great, but it's nothing better than any other civilian would get outside of the Federal system.

It's not like Tricare or the like

took care of me quite well when I had a heart attack 2 years ago and required quad-by-pass to live --- was hospitalized for 6 weeks -- three different hospitals and cardiac care units and ICUs plus ERs --- got excellent care and minimal out-of-pocket costs were mostly incidentals -- this includes all follow up care to this day and medicines

Archived