Swimming ban lifted in Pattaya – city has no long-term waste water solution

webfact

Swimming ban lifted in Pattaya – city has no long-term waste water solution

unnamed.png

A ban on swimming in the sea off Thailand’s famous Pattaya resort has been lifted after the condition of the sea water returned to normal with no black and foul-smelling pollutants.

However, people with allergies are warned to not swim in the sea, especially in the Na Chom Thian area where the pollution problem was at its most extreme.

Sattahip district chief officer Mr. Anucha Inthasorn and officials yesterday took samples from the sea at Na Chom Thian beach for laboratory tests as local municipal officials huddled in meetings with agencies concerned to prevent the pollution problem from recurring.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/swimming-ban-lifted-in-pattaya-city-has-no-long-term-waste-water-solution/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-05-20

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, webfact said:

A ban on swimming in the sea off Thailand’s famous Pattaya resort has been lifted after the condition of the sea water returned to normal with no black and foul-smelling pollutants.

What you cant see doesnt hurt you

1 hour ago, webfact said:

However, people with allergies are warned to not swim in the sea, especially in the Na Chom Thian area where the pollution problem was at its most extreme.

They need to put perimeter buoys around the clean stuff telling the bad stuff to " keep out " or black water go home " or something like that .. I'm sure they can think of something .. 

Keyboards and computers are blistering at the TAT now. The staff works overtime to promote Pattaya as a world class climatic spa based on its very low impact of smoke from the sugar cane fields. The campaign will run under:

"Pamper your lungs- inhale Pattaya!"

"A ban on swimming in the sea off Thailand’s famous Pattaya resort has been lifted after the condition of the sea water returned to normal with no black and foul-smelling pollutants.

However, people with allergies are warned to not swim in the sea, especially in the Na Chom Thian area where the pollution problem was at its most extreme".

I hope the above information goes public in all countries where holiday makers are contemplating visiting Thailand...

Who you gonna believe? Your lying eyes and nose or tourist promotion board?

I've lived in Jomtien 15 years and have never gone swimming in the waters. I'd prefer a dip in my toilet: I know who put the stuff in there.

I used to wear sandals til I got some nasty skin aliment that produced holes moving across top of foot. Very very difficult for doctor to clear up. Now I wear socks and fisherman's sandals, avoid sand somewhat too...

This problem could have been solved 10 yrs ago when Pattaya went under major construction  charge a tax on all new construction. Hotel's pay a small sewage tax or pass it on to the guests as a surcharge problem solved. They would have had enough money to build a high tech plant. A clean ocean tourism would go up and a lot more condo's would sell.

13 minutes ago, woofwoof said:

This problem could have been solved 10 yrs ago when Pattaya went under major construction  charge a tax on all new construction. Hotel's pay a small sewage tax or pass it on to the guests as a surcharge problem solved. They would have had enough money to build a high tech plant. A clean ocean tourism would go up and a lot more condo's would sell.

Whatever money was received from such a tax would need to be 5 times greater so as to spread out the corruption money  envelopes.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

If I was Pattaya City, I would sue all media such as this one who make it bad tourism advertisement :angry:. For reminder, this pollution incident didn't happen in Pattaya City, not even in Pattaya District but in Sattahip District... 

So... what are the names of the “city officials” that are not really doing their jobs in taking care of the city’s infrastructure- including sewage water treatment plants? I must admit they are good at organizing firework displays, seafood festivals, songkron promotions but anything hardcore for a growing city’s survival these city politicians are clueless. Their expertise is being social directors  for parties. 

I bet Thais ( Pattaya natives) don’t even know the names of these city officials. 

You won’t see these city “dignitaries” names displayed anywhere because they’re so embarrassed about their irresponsible behavior.

Archived