Have Non Imm O-A. Now what?

Now have a Non-Imm O-A visa (multiple entry) based on retirement from home country, after many VEs and TVs in the same passport.

Travelling to Bkk later this month to use it.

My questions are:

1. Do I need to report to local immigration office after 90 days, or before?

2. Will I subsequently need to provide evidence of funds within Thailand (e.g. 800k etc)?

3. Do I need to provide evidence of cash on initial arrival at Swampy?

4. With some 'creativity' and bearing in mind the multi entry status of the visa, how could I stretch the one year validity?

Thanks...

Yes, you will need to do 90 day reports. No need for any proof of funds or money in a Thai account until you are looking at an extension of stay later. (up to 22 months later)

Your OA gives a year stay for any entry during the visa validity, enter on the last day of the visa validity and you will get a one year stay. So you can squeeze 2 years out of an OA visa.

• Like 2

1. You will do a 90 day report 90 days after entering the country.

Dependent upon the office your report to you may need to do a TM30 report of your presence at your residence unless the owner has  done one.

2. No

You don't need to do that until sometime in the future if you apply for an extension of stay at immigration.

3. No

4. You will get a new one year entry up to the date your visa expires (valid until date on it). By doing a entry just before that date you can get almost 2 years of total stay from your visa.

• Thanks 1

A similar question so won't open new topic.

My father has just sent off for his 1st O-A visa and is planning to come and live with my wife and i around 20th June.

A couple of quick questions-

I heard on here someone say the Australian embassy here does not issue certificate of address anymore.

True? if so where does he obtain one so i can help him get a yellow tabien at our address.?

This one is of course just sounding out about the health insurance,presuming he enters before july it should not be a problem.

After July i guess the Thai government would have to interact with Australia to arrange transfer of funds to one of the allocate Thai health funds. 

3 hours ago, farmerjo said:

A couple of quick questions-

I heard on here someone say the Australian embassy here does not issue certificate of address anymore.

True? if so where does he obtain one so i can help him get a yellow tabien at our address.?

You do not need a certificate of address to get a yellow house book.

This new insurance  rule that is due to come in force July. Would this also apply to Non O-A single 3 month visa based on pension. If so for the sake of 1 month I would be better to apply for Tourist Visa,  yes?

4 hours ago, farmerjo said:

After July i guess the Thai government would have to interact with Australia to arrange transfer of funds to one of the allocate Thai health funds. 

You really think the Thai govt is going to contact the Australian govt to transfer funds from some Australian health fund account to a Thai govt account?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Pib said:

You really think the Thai govt is going to contact the Australian govt to transfer funds from some Australian health fund account to a Thai govt account?

I will reword it.

The thai government will allocate approved thai health funds.

How would a person applying for an over 50 o-a visa get help to apply for it and pay the funds to the said thai health fund.And wpuld the medical certificate change to what the thai health fund requied.

I know we wont no till july but just thinking

1 minute ago, farmerjo said:

I will reword it.

The thai government will allocate approved thai health funds.

How would a person applying for an over 50 o-a visa get help to apply for it and pay the funds to the said thai health fund.And wpuld the medical certificate change to what the thai health fund requied.

I know we wont no till july but just thinking

The Thai govt is not going to provide any govt funds to pay for health care coverage for farangs; that's why they seem to be going down the "must have private medical insurance coverage." 

I just hope you are not thinking the Thai govt is going to provide health care coverage for farangs if they don't have private medical insurance, whether it's because they are too old to get any coverage or just don't have the funds to pay for coverage.

1 hour ago, LoVeFuN said:

This new insurance  rule that is due to come in force July. Would this also apply to Non O-A single 3 month visa based on pension. If so for the sake of 1 month I would be better to apply for Tourist Visa,  yes?

There is no single Non Imm O-A 3 month Visa.

A Non Imm O-A Visa is valid for 12 months and is multi entry.

Edited by fishtank

5 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Unless his/your local immigration office issues such certificates (and I gather than not all of them do), then it looks like he'll experience major difficultes in obtaining both a yellow house book (assuming that such a certificate is, indeed, required by the issuing amphur) and a local driving licence as well. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Pib said:

The Thai govt is not going to provide any govt funds to pay for health care coverage for farangs; that's why they seem to be going down the "must have private medical insurance coverage." 

I just hope you are not thinking the Thai govt is going to provide health care coverage for farangs if they don't have private medical insurance, whether it's because they are too old to get any coverage or just don't have the funds to pay for coverage.

From what i understand the thai government will give a list of approved thai health funds of which you can get your private health insurance 

Of course you will pay for it.

So there must be some sort of help on how one applies and pays for it in there home country.

9 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes, you will need to do 90 day reports. No need for any proof of funds or money in a Thai account until you are looking at an extension of stay later. (up to 22 months later)

Your OA gives a year stay for any entry during the visa validity, enter on the last day of the visa validity and you will get a one year stay. So you can squeeze 2 years out of an OA visa.

The OP also has the option to have a short break outside Thailand just before the 90 days, or in fact anytime and get 1 year entry everytime.

Do an out in just before the expiry date and get one more year stamp. Get a multi re-entry permit and do trips to other places anytime during the second year so can have almost 2 years without setting foot in an Imm' office.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

So there must be some sort of help on how one applies and pays for it in there home country.

Here's the website of Thai insurance companies offering Thai medical insurance for long stay visa.  You deal directly with the insurance companies.   Payment is via cash, credit card, bank transfer, etc., just like any other private insurance payment.

https://longstay.tgia.org/

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LoVeFuN said:

There is no such Visa. A Non-Imm OA Visa is a Visa obtained in your home country, valid for a year, giving multiple entries of 1 year Permissions of Stay,  during its validity.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, LoVeFuN said:

Different Visa.

The Non O multi entry Visa permits unlimited 90 day entries for the validity of the Visa.

The Non O-A multi entry Visa permits unlimited 1 year entries for the validity of the Visa.

The proposed compulsory health care Insurance, only applies to new Non O-A Visa applications at a Thai Embassy/Consulate, otherwise it's optional.

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Just for other au readers. The au embassy does not issue residence certificate any more

Ubonjoe, does the US Embassy/Consulate still issue affidavits to certify residency? I'm pretty sure they do, but would like your expertise on this. What about other embassies - I'm sure others from many countries would like to know if they can  use their embassy vice Thai Immigration, to get a certificate of residency. Thanx.

7 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Ubonjoe, does the US Embassy/Consulate still issue affidavits to certify residency?

Yes they will.

Yes for UK embassy (long wait for appointment though).

Australian embassy is a no.

Not sure about others.