BANGKOK 18 June 2019 10:17
webfact

Pattaya's Black Sea: Posters call for heads to roll but it may take months to repair

Pattaya's Black Sea: Posters call for heads to roll but it may take months to repair

7pm2.jpg

Sophon Cable TV reported on the fallout from the spillage that left the sea at Jomtien Beach a putrid black cesspit. 

As posters on their site called for heads to roll in the local council the blame game began.

The culprit has been identified as an area under repair at Na Jomtien Soi 8.

7pm3.jpg

Some 124 million baht has been set aside to put it right and stop further spillage into the sea. 

Yesterday a crisis meeting was held chaired by Sattahip district chief Anucha Inthasorn who ordered a clean up and a speedy resolution to the problem of waste water treatment in the area. 

This involves seeking help from Pattaya City Hall in the area of waste water management. 

But it has been admitted that it could be three months before any progress is made.

In the meantime the area - a popular tourist beach - is threatened by further trouble.

Source: Sophon Cable

34 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I wonder how much of that will actually find its way to fixing the problem, and how much will simply boost the bank accounts of those involved?

Must get those priorities right.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The culprit has been identified as an area under repair at Na Jomtien Soi 8.

😂🤣

Not sure it looks world class anymore now just waiting for the spin doctors to spin shit literaly🤔

• Haha 1

"...it may take months to repair"

Is there actually a treatment plant to repair? Did it ever work? I can't have my car repaired. I don't own a car.

124 MB?  Not going to do much with that. And, no heads will roll.  Promotions, maybe.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Posters call for heads to roll but it may take months to repair

Why repair the heads of corrupt morons?

5 hours ago, webfact said:

This involves seeking help from Pattaya City Hall in the area of waste water management. 

Blind leading the blind or something like that.  Get some proper people in and Maybe Pattaya can learn from them as well.  Never going to happen though.

Cheers

• Sad 1