Thailand remains least miserable economy - Bloomberg

webfact

Thailand remains least miserable economy - Bloomberg

e3312f72759cff1e7416ebfe7bef367c.jpg

BANGKOK, 21st May 2019 (NNT) - United States news agency Bloomberg has again ranked Thailand as the least miserable country on its World’s Most Miserable Economy index.

Bloomberg has released its index where Thailand remains the least miserable economy with a score of 2.1.

Other less miserable counties, which are those with the lowest scores on this index, are Switzerland, Japan, Taiwan, Malaysia, Czech Republic, Hong Kong, Israel,and South Korea. Meanwhile, the country with the most miserable economy goes to Venezuela.

Bloomberg’s World’s Most Miserable Economy index is calculated based on the inflation and unemployment rates. The index released this year is based on forecasts by economists, while the last year scores are based on actual data.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-05-21

Nah, i don't trust the finding of this index when it comes to Thailand, who are champions in misinformation and statistics fudging and manipulations

to suit the desired agenda and to save face...

I tend to agree, Thailand and its people are mostly happy. Ignorance is bliss they say, and it's true. Rather that worrying about what's happening over the fence, why doesn't the west concentrate its efforts on sovereign matters. Thailand in most cases focuses on its own country, rather than being interested in others, good thing I say.

In the west, try finding some good news in the press, people are so brainwashed by the papers handing out negative news all-the-time it drives you crazy.

So sit back take a chill pill, and start being positive, like Thailand !

8 minutes ago, the guest said:

I tend to agree, Thailand and its people are mostly happy. Ignorance is bliss they say, and it's true. Rather that worrying about what's happening over the fence, why doesn't the west concentrate its efforts on sovereign matters. Thailand in most cases focuses on its own country, rather than being interested in others, good thing I say.

In the west, try finding some good news in the press, people are so brainwashed by the papers handing out negative news all-the-time it drives you crazy.

So sit back take a chill pill, and start being positive, like Thailand !

I agree 100%

21 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

I don't think economies have feelings but dam there is a lot of misery amoungst the people.

Certainly and the highest bit of misery  I see are all the miserable expats.

I believe the report.

How do they measure employment rates in Thailand. A lot of people I know work for family or friends and don't pay tax. For example, does the noodle seller on his motorcycle pay tax, the mom and pop shop shopkeeper, the motorcycle taxi driver, the lottery seller, the fruit trader at the market, the guy in the motorcycle repair shop, etc. Are they on a government list as employed?

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

And Thailand still remains a country where farting in the direction of the rice field while turning on a hammock qualifies as gainfully employed. They should be DQ'd from any stats involving their cooked up numbers.

35 minutes ago, the guest said:

I tend to agree, Thailand and its people are mostly happy.

That was actually Finland this year. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/duncanmadden/2019/03/28/ranked-the-10-happiest-countries-in-the-world-in-2019/#13cda05c48a5

https://worldhappiness.report/ed/2019/

Coming from there I doubt they added the extortionate income tax rates in their little calculations, though.

57 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Nah, i don't trust the finding of this index when it comes to Thailand, who are champions in misinformation and statistics fudging and manipulations

to suit the desired agenda and to save face...

Hmmm....this is according to Bloomberg.  But whatever.  I doubt they included miserable farangs in their calculations, so many here may tend to disagree. 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Bloomberg’s World’s Most Miserable Economy index is calculated based on the inflation and unemployment rates.

How could you be miserable lying back in your hammock with a bottle of 30 baht lao khao watching rice grow!

Employment statistics in Thailand are meaningless and cannot be compared, for example:

- if someone loses his job and has to go stay in his parent's farm because he cannot afford any other solution, he will be counted as farm worker,

- if he has no familly and is so desperate that he has to sell chewing gums in the street, he will be counted as self employed.

Nothing to do with less miserable.

Based on inflation and unemployment rates and data provided by Thailand...enough said about the validity of that.

Taking a look at the other countries at the top and using common sense, logic and reality... is Thailand even remotely within the same league?

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Hmmm....this is according to Bloomberg.  But whatever.  I doubt they included miserable farangs in their calculations, so many here may tend to disagree. 

Yes, with 38 million on O-A visa, falangs should definitely be asked...

If Venezuela grossly under-reported its unemployment rate while at the same time over-valuing its national currency to prevent it from being affected by dwindling export figures, the country might be able to climb quite a few places.

Should read FALSE SMILES

A jekyll and hide nation. Smile at a face but the knife goes in the back!

Those who compile such dribble reports have obviously never lived in Thailand...

Thais are generally miserable and unhappy.

Only when money is in.their hands do they smile.

The land of frowns.

I guess Bloomberg dont look at GDP growth, road deaths, income increases, cost of living, average household debt or pollution levels.  <deleted> do they base their index on... oh yea - employment.  10 people standing vacantly around each mall stall.

1 hour ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Sad you two feel it is the press. The terrible things happening there is the fault of those in the news. Don't hide from reality by using an escape goat like the press please. 

A what? ????

4 hours ago, Berkshire said:

So is this:

Thailand again claimed the title of the “least miserable” economy, though the government’s unique way of tallying unemployment makes it less noteworthy than Switzerland’s improvement to second-least and Singapore managing to stay in the bottom three. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-17/the-world-s-most-miserable-economy-has-seven-figure-inflation

"Unique" as in full of shit. Thais need to cut the crap if they ever want anybody to take them even a least bit seriously. 

Archived