Thailand remains least miserable economy - Bloomberg

webfact

6 hours ago, the guest said:

I tend to agree, Thailand and its people are mostly happy. Ignorance is bliss they say, and it's true. Rather that worrying about what's happening over the fence, why doesn't the west concentrate its efforts on sovereign matters. Thailand in most cases focuses on its own country, rather than being interested in others, good thing I say.

In the west, try finding some good news in the press, people are so brainwashed by the papers handing out negative news all-the-time it drives you crazy.

So sit back take a chill pill, and start being positive, like Thailand !

Except the report is on aspects of the economy , nothing whatsoever to do with the happiness , or otherwise , of the citizens.

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Nah, i don't trust the finding of this index when it comes to Thailand, who are champions in misinformation and statistics fudging and manipulations

to suit the desired agenda (...)

Is there anyone, besides Bloomberg, who still believes the fake unemployment numbers (for the past 20 years!) of, consistently, less than 2% unemployment?

Blomberg, IMHO, doesn't do itself a service with such nonsense, unprovable statistics, but, instead, tarnishes its own reputation!

And while we're using bogus numbers, shouldn't North Korea be 'the least miserable economy'?? - After all, according to its great leader, Kim Jong-un(derstatement), North Korea has always had and will always have 0% unemployment and 0% inflation!

Totally true!.. I cannot tell the same of the richest world´s country.

Only in a few big cities in Thailand it is possible to see people living on the streets or begging for food or money. Abandoned children are protected by public institutions or temples, that also offer free food and logging to any Thai citizen in stress. Free public medical and education services are a lot better than in most 3rd World countries, and many rich countries. Most small farmers are self-sufficient and can improve their living selling its overproduction on local markets. Crime and is only noticed in a few big and/or tourist cities, and most villagers are willing to help others in case of necessity if the local Buddhist Temple or Amphur is unable to do it.

That´s it is my experience living and sharing 10 years of my life with my Thai family between Chiang Rai and Phayao and becoming an active member of the local community.

23 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Take a day out in jomtien at the markets, bars, restaurants or even just ride around......nope, dosn't cut it anymore 

Pattaya is not Thailand, like Las Vegas is not the USA.

21 minutes ago, Alan Michael said:

Tell that to the abandoned mothers, the poor, the unemployed, the pensioners and the handicapped.

seen more homeless in san francisco and washington Dc than I ever saw here. In fact many multiples

I would think that unemployment is impossible to calculate in Thailand (so that must be some made up number), and price fixing holds down inflation. If the list is just based on those 2 things then it might be plausible.

A simple poll on the TV forum would have brought this "least miserable" theory crashing down about Thailand round their ears. TV is the home of doom, gloom and impending disaster. Along with the best rumour mill of doom, gloom and impending disaster. 

18 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

How do they measure employment rates in Thailand. A lot of people I know work for family or friends and don't pay tax. For example, does the noodle seller on his motorcycle pay tax, the mom and pop shop shopkeeper, the motorcycle taxi driver, the lottery seller, the fruit trader at the market, the guy in the motorcycle repair shop, etc. Are they on a government list as employed?

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

And you forgot  the one or two million guys dressed in orange ...

Archived