Banglamung no longer Farang Friendly for Marriage Registration - Warning

Allardice

Hi all 

Just a heads up 

As mentioned in title of this post- Banglamung district office is no longer Farang-friendly for marriage registration.

Even in the case you have all required documents , they still want to verify the documents by sending them to Bangkok. 

So they offer to put you in a 3 month waiting list to get it done.

Their rationale is that some farangs (most likely in Pattaya area) have faked the Affirmation documents to get the marriage registered so now they will request to jump through extra hoops that no other amphur does.

So just head straight to Bang Rak in Bangkok, seems this is the safest and fastest option. Don't waste your time like I did.

Have a nice day all.

An update -

Bang Rak requires advance appointment now so you need to ring up a few weeks in advance of going.

Or you can take the risk of going very very early - they accept only 5 walk-in appointments for foreigners a day as of now.

As for what I did; contrary to information on the internet, I went to the amphur office where my fiance is registered: Nong Yai in Chonburi. 

They require a small wait of up to 2 weeks, but they accepted the application without problems. It's preferable to 3 months at bang lamung. 

So if you're in Chonburi I'd recommend Nong Yai Amphur office over Bang Lamung. 

Or better yet, go to the office where your fiancé is registered at for her ID card and tabien baan and they will most likely be much more helpful given her connection to the amphur.

All the best 

If it is true what they suggest some farangs have faked affirmation documents in order to wed,  couple that with the known concerns regarding the embassy income documents, again alleged to have been abused, then is it any wonder that the Thai authorities are starting to clamp down hard on foreigners ?

Of course it is the same the whole world over the few (dishonest)  spoiling it for the many (honest)

Archived