Robber impersonates police officer, threatens woman at gunpoint

webfact

Robber impersonates police officer, threatens woman at gunpoint

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1558417674_1-org.jpg

Police at the scene on Saturday. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Phuket City Police are hunting a man who claimed to be a policeman and threatened a woman with a handgun in Koh Kaew on Saturday evening (May 18) to rob her of cash and valuables.

Capt Viphawan Watthanangngernthananong of the Phuket City Police confirmed to The Phuket News this morning that the search for the man continues today (May 21).

“Investigators are following up to find this suspect Capt Viphawan explained that police were notified of the robbery at 5pm.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/robber-impersonates-police-officer-threatens-woman-at-gunpoint-71497.php#L5r8W1siVD4k3G5v.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-05-21

19 hours ago, webfact said:

PHUKET: Phuket City Police are hunting a man who claimed to be a policeman and threatened a woman with a handgun in Koh Kaew on Saturday evening (May 18) to rob her of cash and valuables.

At least "Dick Turpin" had the courtesy to wear only a mask... this is outrageous a whole uniform!!!

Something's a bit odd here. A cop doesn't need a gun to rob someone. They normally just take and saunter arrogantly away. Maybe the woman got suspicious when she saw the Ronald McDonald pin under the Navy SEAL insignia, next to the pilot's wings.

19 hours ago, Emdog said:

How are they so sure it wasn't a genuine cop? "The man was described as tall and overweight." I rest my case, though some are not tall

"Capt Viphawan said...“I have been told by fellow investigators that we have CCTV images of the man, but I have yet to see those images myself”.

Archived