BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
chevykanteve

Kidnappers In Roi-et Area

This poster will not upload, nor can I send it as an attachment via Hotmail or Yahoo. This is most frustrating. Therefore, here is my mobile number in Roi-et: 085-761-3360. If anyone lives in or around Phontong District, phone me, we can meet and I'll physically hand you a copy of the wanted poster. You will perhaps have better luck than me in uploading it. I suspect that the upload problem is from my end and may pertain to the old Epson printer-scanner equipment I'm using.

I just found this a minute ago on a Bangkok Post forum. Check this out:

Date : Mar 10, 2007 07:13 AM

Author : Wayne Junge (wayne@waynes.net)

Subject : Child and Adult abductions.new

The villages in northeast Thailand are abuzz with reports of abductions of children and adults. Children purportedly for illicit purposes and adults for their organs. These reports are on radio and are a topic of daily discussions amongst the villagers.

If the reports are true why is there not an outcry similar to Jon Bonet. A Thai child is every bit as important as is Jon Bonet and deserves serious and aggressive reporting of every instance.

If the reports are not true and mere radio publicity stunts they equally deserve to be exposed.

What is going on here?

All new topics and messages must be approved by our Forum administrator before being shown in Our Forum.

The views of Forum participants are their own and not those of the Bangkok Post Publishing Co Ltd

Perhaps Chevykanteve could e-mail the file attachment to a moderator, who could then upload the item for him. It would be good to see one of the few tangible bits of information we have been discussing. Is there a moderator who is willing to PM him with an e-mail address?

P.S. Okay I see the problem is at his end. Possibly he needs to rescan in a lower resolution. Otherwise people will start to have doubts as to whether the poster exists.

Edited by citizen33

There was a picture on the front of a Thai newspaper yesterday of what appeared to be a child with a wound in her stomach. The usual 'net curtain effect' hid the details. Could that be connected to this?

The posters, which chevykanteve can not upload, do exist.

Yesterday I went to Khon Kaen town to pay for the dormitory of my daughter for next term. There is a private kindergarden in the same house and right beside the main entrance door (which is kept locked day and night) is such a poster: On a white A4-paper is a photocopy of passport-kind picture a young Thai man's face, enlarged to about the size if my hand. Rather good quality; I am sure I would recognize the guy if I would know him. Below was written something by hand in Thai, but I was not interested enough to read it. When I left the place, I was accompanied to the gate (so they could lock it, after I left) and when I mentioned the poster I was told, that this was one of the supposed thieves of childen.

Regards Thedi

The posters, which chevykanteve can not upload, do exist.

Yesterday I went to Khon Kaen town to pay for the dormitory of my daughter for next term. There is a private kindergarden in the same house and right beside the main entrance door (which is kept locked day and night) is such a poster: On a white A4-paper is a photocopy of passport-kind picture a young Thai man's face, enlarged to about the size if my hand. Rather good quality; I am sure I would recognize the guy if I would know him. Below was written something by hand in Thai, but I was not interested enough to read it. When I left the place, I was accompanied to the gate (so they could lock it, after I left) and when I mentioned the poster I was told, that this was one of the supposed thieves of childen.

Regards Thedi

Thedi,

Thank you so much for this response. Now, I just got home from work and got the idea to photograph the poster with my webcam. I'm attaching 6 photos of the police kidnapper poster. Is this the same guy you saw in the Khon Kaen poster?

post-14568-1173963746_thumb.jpg

post-14568-1173963774_thumb.jpg

post-14568-1173963795_thumb.jpg

post-14568-1173963822_thumb.jpg

post-14568-1173963856_thumb.jpg

post-14568-1173963881_thumb.jpg

what does the Thai script say?

I was in an other school (Vithes Suksa) in Khon Kaen today and the same poster was there as well.

The Thai text says that this guy is suspected as a thief of children, that he travels in a white van without number plates and that the police should be informed right away. A four-digit-phone number and a nine-digit-phone-number number were given as well.

There was date stamp 17-Feb-2550 and an official looking stamp as well. The one a saw today was a photo copy. The stamps were not originals.

---

IMHO this poster does not proof anything. If I would be a police officer and I would be confronted with such a case, I would distribute this poster even if I knew it is humbug. If I did not, and a child would disapear for whatever reason, the police would be suspected to cover up or even be involved with this gang.

IMHO this child disapearances and child theft stories are urban legends - at least most of them. It remembers me too much on stories of ghosts, which circulate from time to time. About 5 years ago there was such a story here: A ghost village which is visible only on certain nights. The ghosts eat the organs of humans which they seduce to their village. The ghosts were able to take any form. Often they came at late night in the form of a young girl or man and begged to be brought back home with a motorbike. It was even known, where the invisible ghost road went off from the highway to Khon Kaen. There where repeated strories of people who got killed by the ghosts and were later found with their organs missing; quite detailled stories: 'last Monday an other young man from Ban Sawan came back from work in Bangkok to visit his sick mother. He arrived late at night and there were no tuk tuk any more, but then a motorbike taxi apeared and offered to bring him home. Next day he was found in a forest near Ban Nong Bua with all his organs teared out...'

There were also stories of people who were able to flee from the ghost village. They related from big pots on fires full of human hearts...

The child theft stories are not new. I heard them 15 years ago, when I came to Isarn the first time. Then there was one particular case told, where a child was snatched in Ban Phai. It was on its way home from kindergarden together with his older brother. The older brother cached some snails in water at the border of the street, when his younger brother was pulled in a black van. The older brother ran nacked to the next police post and alarmed the police. The police then made a road block in Manchakiri and was able to release the small boy. The child thieves were lynched by local people.

I asked several police officers in Manchakiri about this case and they all assured me, that this case must be invented. They knew nothing about it, except that they heard the rumors as well.

---

But there may be children who disapear for many reasons, including pedophiles. Such things happen. About 10 years ago was a case in Switzerland where a man named something like 'Osterwalder' was sentenced to livetime because he was cought to torture babies. He claimed it sexually stimulated him. He even made videos of it and kept them. Thanks to this videos he could be sentenced.

---

I myself have a daughter of 12 years, and I know how people feel when they hear this kinds of rumors. But I still think there is not much more danger for my daughter here in Thailand as there would be in Switzerland. At least not from the side suggested by this rumors.

Regards

Thedi

Thedi: interesting reply. And now another website has picked up this topic:. Check out the topic-heading People have gone missing...Issan on //link to another forum removed// under the section Practacalities of Living in Thailand[./i]

Edited by tywais

My wife went up to see her mother with our eleven and five year old sons two days ago. Upon arriving at the village, which is twenty kilometers outside of Udonthani, the car was stopped by police. My wife was questioned and then advised the reason for the police presence was that five children were kidnapped from the village of Friday night. They are all kids from families that we know. My wife is returning home immediately and not staying the week or so she planned and the boys are confiemd to the house. I am, understandably, sick to my stomach with worry.

The local belief is that the children have been taken for body parts which may or may not be the case. It is, however, an undeniable fact that this is happening on a large scale and the authorities appear powerless to do anything to prevent it. Why this is not receiving any national coverage I cannot say - but it ###### well should be! I will be sending a letter to the Bangkok Post and would suggest anyone else who has knowledge of these kidnappings do the same.

I heard exactly the same yesterday from my GF who also lives in Nongkhai. 3 children were kidnapped from Nongkhai on Friday afternoon and the news was told to her buy her brother-in-law who happens to be a police officer. I posted a message to inform people in this area that it was happening in both Udon and in Nongkhai and the thread was closed.

Whats that all about!! :o

###### me...how many kids have gone missing now ??

Does anyone have a link to a thai language site about this, would love to print it and give to wife.

If so many kids are being taken, bugger the bangkok post, CNN and 60 minutes should kick in and make these prickes embarrassed not to be doing much about it.

I was told that an arrest was made in the Udon district, but they were still concerned enough to advise me to keep my daughter at home, unless she was with us.

Also that several children had been killed in recent times for their organs ?????????

We can only hope it isn,t true, god is this a disturbing situation, may all our children be safe............please.

marshbags :D and :o

I was just told by two local university instructors (Thai nationals) that an article on these kidnappings appeared in Sunday's edition of the Thai-language newspaper THAI RAT. Can anyone out there upload a copy of this article? Perhaps Jai Dee can help on this one.

my sister-in-law is a teacher near Chaiyaphum, she told us that 2 cars - 1 a van - came to the school. 3 boys had their hands tied behind their backs & were bundled into the van. Thus far, none have been heard of since.