Tragic Phoenix goes up for auction

webfact

21 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Any other self respecting country would have cut this death trap up quietly as not to cause anymore anguish for the deceased's relatives????

By self respecting countries, you mean like U.K. Australia, USA auctioning Nazi death camp memorabilia. Not forgetting to mention the items being sold on eBay which many people from your self respecting countries are currently buying. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of the stuff listed with the minimum prices quoted will sell for the minimum. My guess would be half of the minimum for the condos and the boat (being sold in bad taste) is worthless. Cheaper to build a new, properly designed boat.

22 hours ago, colinneil said:

Must be 1 sick bar steward who came up with auctioning that boat off.

No thought given to relatives of the deceased, just try and get money in,   sick.!!!

I am at a loss as to why shycoconut and just weird find my comment above confusing.

Maybe they just do that being weird, as every time they post emojis on my posts it is either confused or sad.

The fact they posted confused is really confusing me, as it is quite clear and straight forward.

21 hours ago, djayz said:

I'm not superstitious, but if I were in the market for a boat, I most certainly wouldn't consider that one.

I remember the incident, but I hadn't realized until now that the captain and all the crew escaped unharmed!!! How the dickens does that happen? Passengers go down with the boat they they get away!?!?!

Maybe only one raft was available and possession is the key here.

Sure as Hell the boat will be back carrying some unsuspected tourists under a different name within 2 months of purchase 

6 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

If the Thais ever see the boat,they will never set foot on it.you know what they think about ghost death and things like that.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

at least in times like this, you actually get to witness the rarely seen 'true feelings' of a locaL!

and if they had any weight to wield in the matter:

- the idea won't be floated

- the idea won't get off the ground

- it'll never fly Orville!

The "Anti-Money Laundering Office" is not intending to sell any of those condos, the prices are higher than the advertising price for brand new units. Are they intending to embezzle them ? Technically not laundering I guess...

In Thailand, anything is possible, money money money. In a civilised country that

vessel would never be allowed to be sold or ever operate again, private or commercially,

it most likely would be destroyed after all court cases etc were finished. But here they

have no sympathy or feelings, just greed 

On 5/21/2019 at 9:35 AM, sammieuk1 said:

Any other self respecting country would have cut this death trap up quietly as not to cause anymore anguish for the deceased's relatives????

No other country do it different something that we have seen both when it comes to fire in cruise ships, fire and explosions in buildings and planes - but as long as we do not manage to see anything but wrong with Thailand then anything in Thailand will be just that ...

On 5/21/2019 at 2:35 PM, sammieuk1 said:

I am surprised that the " Phoenix " will not be turned into some kind of sick Monument or Tourist Attraction.

Let the deceased lie in peace, and withdraw it from Auction. Then dispose of it in a manner that respects the memory of the dead.

8 hours ago, Proboscis said:

It most likely would be bought for its scrap value as the vessel would never receive a certificate for carrying freight never mind passengers.

I can't believe it took until the 4th page before someone said something sensible and stated the obvious, well done.  Everyone else in too much of a TV anti-Thai tizz to work that one out.

Unreal about the boat.  No Thai will buy it because of ghosts, and no Chinese are going to buy it.  I’m curious how the Chinese will react to this.  Ship it off for scrap, and keep your trap shut ????

On 5/21/2019 at 7:46 PM, scorecard said:

In fact, it's been reported many times that the vessel breaks many rules and laws in terms of it's design and construction and more.

So how can the authorities allow it to be sold as is?  Is this not also breaking the law? 

Money heals all wounds in Thailand.

And circumvents most laws.

On 5/21/2019 at 11:07 PM, DrTuner said:

And like a Phoenix, it'll probably be back on the water ferrying more Chinese in no time.

Now, there's an idea.

Death ship cruises. 

Cruise with the spirits of your lost ones.

The Chinese would love that. 

After all,  This is Thailand. 

4 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Money heals all wounds in Thailand.

And circumvents most laws.

... yes and something Thailand is not alone about .. :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Now, there's an idea.

Death ship cruises. 

Cruise with the spirits of your lost ones.

The Chinese would love that. 

After all,  This is Thailand. 

You might be on to something there. Give them paper Benzes and iPhones to burn, then it'd be a proper viking funeral (for the next lot when it sinks again).

On 5/21/2019 at 3:35 PM, sammieuk1 said:

You're absolutely right. But this is ok with Thailand, because it is a self-DEFEATING country. The only entity respected here is money.

On 5/22/2019 at 4:49 PM, smew said:

Maybe only one raft was available and possession is the key here.

Sure as Hell the boat will be back carrying some unsuspected tourists under a different name within 2 months of purchase 

As the captain yells out in pidgeon Chinese, 

No ploblems everybody.

Boat sinking,  but no ploblem. 

Just follow me and the crew..

(Survival training copied from the Costa Concordia captain.)

What about car accidents, where people die? The cars are scrapped and parts sold off, and no one cries! Boats that are sunk, and if still in decent shape, repaired and a new owner if found. The Phoenix will rise again, but with another name. Im sure it is being sold as SCRAP, so the new owner does what he wants with it. Just look at all the other junk boats that are floating around, this is probably much better. 

Archived