Hua Hin retirement extension Combo Method with 60 day pre-seasoning

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

Are you sure he didn't just use the 800K to process your application?

If not how is the difference, combo method, recorded?

No real way to know for sure since we can't see their computer entries, but when he was going to do the 800k method, he handed the Embassy letter back to me, after the discussion he took it back and included it in the paperwork and the fact he told me I only needed to keep the 400k in the bank for 3 months.  Guess will find out next year for sure.

• Like 1

Interesting, and tks for posting. Before the new rules came out (correct me if I'm wrong), I believe that there was no need to season the money in the bank part of the combo method. Now, at least in one office, the two months before and three months after seasoning is needed. Hopefully there'll be more reports of this method in the near future because it's one of my options.

try and do the Combo method without the Embassy letter and this would  not have worked.  i plan on using my SS letter and and my bank book with letter from the bank.  i have been advised to  use an agent if they do not accept a perfectly legal United States government document.  

Edited by malibukid

17 hours ago, Scott424 said:

No real way to know for sure since we can't see their computer entries, but when he was going to do the 800k method, he handed the Embassy letter back to me, after the discussion he took it back and included it in the paperwork and the fact he told me I only needed to keep the 400k in the bank for 3 months.  Guess will find out next year for sure.

My guess 800k method don't touch the 400k just in case.

1 hour ago, malibukid said:

try and do the Combo method without the Embassy letter and this would  not have worked.  i plan on using my SS letter and and my bank book with letter from the bank.  i have been advised to  use an agent if they do not accept a perfectly legal United States government document.  

To use the combo method without an embassy letter, you need to make monthly transfers from overseas into your Thai bank account which is what I am doing for next year.  The social security letter might be used/required in some immigration offices as prove of the source of the monthly transfers. The social security letter without the monthly transfers will not work, the new rule is clear that for the income method (which you will be using for part of the financial requirement) has to have monthly transfers into a Thai bank account.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scott424 said:

To use the combo method without an embassy letter, you need to make monthly transfers from overseas into your Thai bank account which is what I am doing for next year.  The social security letter might be used/required in some immigration offices as prove of the source of the monthly transfers. The social security letter without the monthly transfers will not work, the new rule is clear that for the income method (which you will be using for part of the financial requirement) has to have monthly transfers into a Thai bank account.

missed that.  time to go downtown and  see the agent man.  will not make the deadline

Edited by malibukid

7 minutes ago, Graviton said:

Hand drawn map??????

I am not sure if this is a universal requirement, but some offices have wanted a map from immigration to your residence.  I forgot to print out one from google maps and was reminded by another person waiting at immigration about needing this so I drew one up.

2 minutes ago, Scott424 said:

I am not sure if this is a universal requirement, but some offices have wanted a map from immigration to your residence.  I forgot to print out one from google maps and was reminded by another person waiting at immigration about needing this so I drew one up.

This is obviously a joke yes ??????

34 minutes ago, Graviton said:

Forgive me I fail to see how that can be interpreted as a new rule???? Its nowhere in there????

That is why I said it was a requirement not a rule, as we know many offices make up there own requirements outside of the letter of the law.  Also the requirement is not new, I had to draw a map the first time I did an extension 3 years ago.

Edited by Scott424

1 hour ago, Scott424 said:

That is why I said it was a requirement not a rule, as we know many offices make up there own requirements outside of the letter of the law.  Also the requirement is not new, I had to draw a map the first time I did an extension 3 years ago. 

Well well well

10 hours ago, Scott424 said:

At Sri Ratcha the map must be hand drawn, they threw the google map out and my wife had to quickly do one. I think the IO's that do the home visit have a problem following the google map.

Yes, they do home visits for retirement extension.