Jump to content
BANGKOK 21 July 2019 11:30

Recommended Posts

I hope you got paid for your review/ad. If you read the papers their  engines  or something with their pickups have problems? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've had a new Everest now for over 6 months.  I don't have the 4X4 with bi turbo though.  I figure I will never actually need 4 wheel.  For the size of vehicle it gets great milage.  I get about 950km on a full tank.  The only minor complaints I have are that if you have the air set to automatic you have to turn recirculate back on every time you start the car(or forget to until you see a big billow of black smoke ahead of you.) and the blind spot from the column of the front windshield to the front door is a little large.  

I am very happy with it though.  Plenty of power and maneuvers good for a vehicle of that size.

Edited by rwill
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, helloagain said:

If you read the papers their  engines  or something with their pickups have problems? 

 

What problem was that exactly ??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, guzzi850m2 said:

The posters here on the motor forums always slamming Fords are ones never owned one, how odd?

 

I think a lot of people just jump on the band wagon of bagging the Fords, like you say having never owned one.

Sure there was a time when the criticism was maybe justified to an extent, those days are gone though as Ford have caught up with all other manufactures.

Like you, I never had any issues in 8 yrs with my previous Ranger and will more than likely buy another, unless another more attractive offer comes along !!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually there are problems with the 2.0 Bi-turbo which are being reported on quite a few Thai message boards and facebook groups.

The main problems that are being reported are:

 

1. After 7,000 km or so some cars are reporting that there was almost no engine oil left in the engine.

2. There are issues with coolant and oil mixing (bad seals, etc). 

3. Problems with the charging system (alternator) not charging the battery.

 

On the other hand, any car will have issues (same goes for Toyota, Nissan, Honda, or other brands).

No need to think of Ford as being lower quality which it isn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoeW said:

Actually there are problems with the 2.0 Bi-turbo which are being reported on quite a few Thai message boards and facebook groups.

The main problems that are being reported are:

 

1. After 7,000 km or so some cars are reporting that there was almost no engine oil left in the engine.

2. There are issues with coolant and oil mixing (bad seals, etc). 

3. Problems with the charging system (alternator) not charging the battery.

 

On the other hand, any car will have issues (same goes for Toyota, Nissan, Honda, or other brands).

No need to think of Ford as being lower quality which it isn't. 

You are correct in your post of course but correct me if I am mistaken  Is it the fact that when they have a problem with their Fords there seems to be a high number of complaints with Ford after sales service compared to other makes ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had 3 Fords while living in Thailand, have not had any problems with any of them (Focus, Ranger and Everest) the after sales service in Pattaya and Chonburi has always been 1st, class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

You are correct in your post of course but correct me if I am mistaken  Is it the fact that when they have a problem with their Fords there seems to be a high number of complaints with Ford after sales service compared to other makes ?

I think that in the past there might have been big issues with the Ford after sales service (Fiesta gear issues, etc), but I think recently they have stepped up their game. I see that users of other brands are also complaining about customer service at their dealers. I think it depends on the location of the dealer. When I drove my Mitsubishi PJS, I thought that the dealer on Sukkhumvit road was horrible, but the dealer on Srinakarin road was amazing. Same Mitsubishi brand, different dealer, different standard of service. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i need only 2 seat modelcar, i no want delivery all thai family anywere, if want go somewere go to own car or motorbike. im not have all city taxi. stupid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This still doesn't have a telescoping steering wheel adjustment. When I test drove it, it felt as comfortable as my Fiesta. Which is pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2019 at 12:07 AM, MatteoBassini said:

This still doesn't have a telescoping steering wheel adjustment. When I test drove it, it felt as comfortable as my Fiesta. Which is pathetic.

Are you talking about the Everest? You can adjust the steering wheel column ... Maybe you are a strange shape as you are the first person that I have heard 'say' it is Fiesta like in comfort level ... our family have both and I can assure you I have a huge preference for one and it is not the 'bounce baby' ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Are you talking about the Everest? You can adjust the steering wheel column ...

The Everest does have adjustable tilt but not telescopic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...