Sprite Zero No Sugar Available in Thailand Now

chaihot

All of your might know, and I might be the last person to have found out ... but just in case!

Sugar Free Sprite is now available in Thailand.  In the USA and the Philippines, it is called "Sprite Zero" for "Sprite Zero Sugar", and has a white label that includes the word "zero".

Here in Thailand, the label is EXACTLY the same as regular sprite, with the exception of one small corner that indicates "NO SUGAR".

For the past year, I have been searching for it.  A bar in Jomptien had it for a while (allegedly received as a mistake); and couldn't special order any for me.  

I love it - the taste is slightly different, and it does take a little adjustment.  That adjustment is fast if you stop drinking regular Sprite.  My wife won't drink it, which is fine with me. That now gives us a CAFFEINE FREE, SUGAR FREE drink in Thailand.

Life is good.  So far I have only purchased it at Tesco North.  The price was 26baht each for the large bottle shown (only available in this size); and when I bought 4, I received a 10 baht discount (don't know why). 5-21-19.

IMG-4b96ba01af1ab0e8d5d8613ab03ae853-V.jpg

1 minute ago, madmen said:

How long will it last? Thais wont touch no sugar stuff! Stock up while you can I know I will

I don't know ... but remember, Coke Zero and Coke Light (Diet Coke) have a foot hold here and seem to be everywhere.  One can only hope about Sprite.  

8 minutes ago, chaihot said:

Where?

I am not sure where we bought them but will ask the misses, i also saw that at major cineplex http://www.majorcineplex.com/news/sprite-no-sugar-combo-set-april-2019

Think she got them at Tesco or Bigc, but ill try to find it out later

https://www.ryt9.com/es/prg/225217

"this no sugar alternative offers the great crisp and refreshing taste of the original Sprite in various packs – 325ml aluminum can prices at 14 THB, 500ml PET bottles at 17 THB and 1.5ltr bottles at 26 THB."

guess its only a matter of time before its everywhere

4 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

I am not sure where we bought them but will ask the misses

Thank you for the cineplex link and the information.  Yes please - update where she is buying cans because I haven't been successful in finding them yet.  

The fact that Cineplex is promoting it as a combo is very encouraging that we might have the product long term.

2 hours ago, chaihot said:

Thank you for the cineplex link and the information.  Yes please - update where she is buying cans because I haven't been successful in finding them yet.  

The fact that Cineplex is promoting it as a combo is very encouraging that we might have the product long term.

From a family mart she got it, bought single cans

thais can read this as SPIRIT juice ...

no sugar = aspartame .... your body does not register this as "sugar" but you will get an insuline response = YOU WILL GET FAT FROM THIS

and your brain will be overexcited , Alzheimer anyone, or the child version of this : ADHD

1 hour ago, gjoo888 said:

A doctor friend of mine told me to stay away from lemon-lime sodas, he said the citric acid in them will erode your teeth enamel and rot your teeth even more quickly than Coke.

Your doctor friend is correct, but if you lived your life worrying about what every food or drink will do to you ... you would die of starvation.  There is an article this week that drinking fruit juices increases your risk of death by 24%.  As if none of us have consumed fruit juices in our lives .. 

I consume soft drinks in moderation.

18 hours ago, wgdanson said:

No sugar, plenty of chemicals.

If it's got Aspartame in it just replacing one something bad for you with another something bad for you.

Also, Aspartame tastes revolting.

Far as sugar goes, I ate vast amounts of the stuff all   my life, and still here. However, cut down a bit as don't want to get diabetes just yet.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If it's got Aspartame in it just substituting one poison for another. Also, Aspartame tastes revolting.

Stevia is better, a natural sweetener.

I heard a story from a reliable source, that Aspartame can turn into formaldehyde if heated for too long. All the Diet Coke shipped out to the US forces in Iraq or wherever was left for days in the hot sun. That's apparently what caused a lot of the guys coming back to have serious illnesses. I dunno, just saying.....

Archived