Sprite Zero No Sugar Available in Thailand Now

chaihot

On 5/22/2019 at 7:15 AM, justin case said:

thais can read this as SPIRIT juice ...

no sugar = aspartame .... your body does not register this as "sugar" but you will get an insuline response = YOU WILL GET FAT FROM THIS

and your brain will be overexcited , Alzheimer anyone, or the child version of this : ADHD

So far research has NOT linked aspartame to an insuline response. Others maybe but Aspartame not yet. So please don't misinform people.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2923074

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20303371

They have mucked up the coke situation so bad as of late. 

"Original taste - Less Sugar" has now taken the place of the true original coke bottles in my area. 

But, the less sugar ones are not the same as the original. You cannot get the true original now. I do not know how far reaching this is. 

3 hours ago, Vacuum said:

That's not what I've noticed. One has to be lucky to find 'No Sugar Coke', Pepsi or this new Sprite thing.

Yeah thats true, in germany we have everything as diet or zero edition including fanta etc. 

Here it's god damn hard to find sugar free drinks, there was absolutely nothing except pepsi max and coke zero available anywhere. And even if u ask for diet coke u often would just get a normal one or worse Est piss. 

That guy above can't be talking about thailand i guess.. M

28 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Here it's god damn hard to find sugar free drinks, there was absolutely nothing except pepsi max and coke zero available anywhere. And even if u ask for diet coke u often would just get a normal one or worse Est piss. 

In my experience, I NEVER have problems finding Diet Coke (as Coke Light) Pepsi Max, or even more common, Coke zero -- UNLESS you are talking about restaurants.  I'm rarely in GoGos, so I can't comment on that.

You mentioned "EST piss" which makes me think you were referring to restaurants because that is what I find as well.  I refused to drink it.

In my experience, I NEVER have problems finding Diet Coke (as Coke Light) Pepsi Max, or even more common, Coke zero -- UNLESS you are talking about restaurants.  I'm rarely in GoGos, so I can't comment on that.

You mentioned "EST piss" which makes me think you were referring to restaurants because that is what I find as well.  I refused to drink it.
Yeah talking about thai restaurants.

But even the expensive Marriot 22 rooftop bar had only Pepsi (normal) the last time.
Which i find extremely weird [emoji848]
Guess thais really don't drink sugar free sodas in general.
7 11 and co stack it but it's really just a niche there.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Vacuum said:

That's not what I've noticed. One has to be lucky to find 'No Sugar Coke', Pepsi or this new Sprite thing.

Every 7/11 and home mart lower sukhumvit have them in abundance. Pepsi max switched to "no sugar" on the label but its written only in thai! odd I had to ask the cashier to confirm it.

Just now, Pravda said:

Mods, this topic didn't show up in my email feed as breaking news.

Please investigate and fix.

Ask that question in forum support please. Its also not a "news" topic.

8 minutes ago, madmen said:

Every 7/11 and home mart lower sukhumvit have them in abundance. Pepsi max switched to "no sugar" on the label but its written only in thai! odd I had to ask the cashier to confirm it.

Perhaps I was unclear with my reply. What I meant was that when the stores have it, they're out of it within a couple of days, meaning the Thais are buying it.

All this artificial sweetener, even though say Zero sugar I don't trust them, I have always gone with jaggery, whenever I feel like using sugar in my recipes, But there is a new natural sweetener in the market, which is made up of Dates paste as you all know Dates are packed with polyphenols, vitamins, and minerals.”
Its Sweet and its Healthy its worth trying.

Source -https://www.myhealthyclick.com/date-paste-a-trendy-new-sweetener-is-it-worth-trying/

On 5/21/2019 at 6:14 PM, chaihot said:

That now gives us a CAFFEINE FREE, SUGAR FREE drink in Thailand.

Have you heard of water?

Artificial sweeteners were originally introduced for people with diabetes as they were considered less harmful for diabetics than sugar. For people without diabetes it is the other way round, sugar is less harmful than the artificial sweeteners.

Sprite Zero back? After 11 years??

I remember that Coca Cola tried to introduce Sprite Zero back in 2008 in Thailand. I did like the stuff, but obviously the majority of customers didn't. So it sadly (for me) disappeared after a few months.
Lets see if they can make it this time.

On 5/24/2019 at 7:09 PM, Peterbilt said:

Sprite Zero back? After 11 years??

I remember that Coca Cola tried to introduce Sprite Zero back in 2008 in Thailand. I did like the stuff, but obviously the majority of customers didn't. So it sadly (for me) disappeared after a few months.
Lets see if they can make it this time.

Being a type 2 diabetic I totally agree. Unfortunately that huge Mitrphol Company may put their "oar in". It is my belief it is responsible for much of the increase in obesity among Thai children.

Archived