To the slightly pompous member of a 4 ball today at the Fleet Golf course Sattahip

n210mp

Like i said crackpot!

you said yourself that the group caught up with you as you took an extended break btwn holes.  how is that not 'slow play' ?  i once had to use the toilet facilities on the 7th hole and caught up with my group by skipping the 8th hole and 9th tee, caught them on the 9th green.  i know what it is like to take a break.

i read all of the OP and responses.  i think you have created a diversion of sorts and can't admit that you took a break and created the situation yourself.  forget the 'new rules' from 2004.  people play golf they way they want and some do it right and some do it wrong.  presenting them with the 'rules' can often lead to a big problem.

as i was regular single golfer for 40 yrs, just play some other holes if you end up having an issue with another group.  it is easy and part of the beauty of being a single.  you can jump into btwn other groups pretty easy as long as you play quick and don't take 'extended breaks' and expect to return to your same 'prioirty spot'.

edit: this thread reminds me of the saying 'don't shoot the messenger'.  several of us have provided some insight on the topic but it seems to be ignored as it doesn't fit with what the OP wants to hear. 

Sent from my SM-J610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, n210mp said:

Like i said crackpot!

so within this thread you've complained about the use of emoji's, to which you can't respond or understand since it is an emoji and not a paragraph.  you also express frustration with what you term sarcastic one-liners.

and yet, you use the term 'crackpot' as your response to well worded/thought out answers to your plight the other day.  interesting.

edit:  i'm beginning to understand why you had a problem on the course !!

Edited by buick
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1