Drinking water filter?

Bang Bang

I am in the BMA area near Victory Monument. Supposedly the tap water is safe to drink. Still I've been using a filter system to be sure. But it's several years old so I am thinking to get a new one.

Any advice? I see Mazuma https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?spm=a2o4m.pdp.search.1.763e58cbUX9PMF&q=mazuma water filter&_keyori=ss&from=suggest_normal&sugg=mazuma water filter_0_1

and Aquatek https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=aquatek+filter&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4m.home.search.go.1125719cYF63Xu

have lots of choice. But I don't want overkill.

What would be a good model to get? It would be great to hear from folks in the BMA area who are happy with their system. Thanks.

On the reverse osmosis filters, depending on brand etc, can waste about 3-5 gallons of water for every gallon purified.  They don't seem to be very eco conscious way of filtering.  That stopped me from installing a osmosis system at home.

I myself use a Pure filter that attaches to the faucet and has replaceable cartridges. Our water is safe to drink, but the filter removes any unpleasant tastes.

https://www.amazon.com/PUR-FM2500V-Classic-Faucet-Filter/dp/B07MLSVLZH/ref=sr_1_11?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxa6dv7qt4gIVnoqzCh1fPQ1ZEAAYAiAAEgKTKfD_BwE&hvadid=174217657919&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9002052&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t2&hvqmt=e&hvrand=6848854109499669902&hvtargid=kwd-87769645&hydadcr=24658_9648989&keywords=pure+water+filter&qid=1558470440&s=gateway&sr=8-11

The more stages the better, but the default you need to know is that BKK water is actually pretty good quality - better than many US states-, despite the funny taste

all you really need is a charcoal stage to remove the bad taste as the nasties are killed by the chemicals that make it taste funny

I've had one of these for the past four years, replacing the cartridge once a year. it seems to work ok and is from a reputable manufacturer.

http://www.aplusgroup.hk/en/project/filter-fountain/

I got mine from Homepro and get the replacement cartridges from Lazada - there seems to be a newer unit now available from Lazada but like many things on there, prices vary greatly from one seller to another.

Mrs BM's tast buds are more sensitive than mine and she drinks water from this all the time, it has no noticeable taste or smell. We use it for all water based drinks and for cooking.

2 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

I've had one of these for the past four years, replacing the cartridge once a year. it seems to work ok and is from a reputable manufacturer.

http://www.aplusgroup.hk/en/project/filter-fountain/

I got mine from Homepro and get the replacement cartridges from Lazada - there seems to be a newer unit now available from Lazada but like many things on there, prices vary greatly from one seller to another.

Mrs BM's tast buds are more sensitive than mine and she drinks water from this all the time, it has no noticeable taste or smell. We use it for all water based drinks and for cooking.

12,000 baht?

39 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

12,000 baht?

Plus a couple of thousand per year for replacement cartridges, so about 18,000 so far.

Over the expected life of the unit that works out at about 10 Baht a day, which I consider well worth the price, around the same cost as one small bottle of water a day from 7/11. Would you call that extravagent?

I've used Mazuma for about 15 years, and have an annual contract, something in the order of 1500 pa, and a 3 monthly water filter change, at about 290 a pop. Have found them to be very reliable. From time to time they change all three filters, (at around 1200), and pump or tap as required, at cost. The water feeds into my fridge too, for cold water and ice dispenser.

2 hours ago, samtam said:

I've used Mazuma for about 15 years, and have an annual contract, something in the order of 1500 pa, and a 3 monthly water filter change, at about 290 a pop. Have found them to be very reliable. From time to time they change all three filters, (at around 1200), and pump or tap as required, at cost. The water feeds into my fridge too, for cold water and ice dispenser.

I'm leaning toward Mazuma too. Questions if I may:

Are you in the Bkk area?

What model do you have?

Did you buy from Mazuma directly or Lazada?

Can you say more about the contract? Does the 1500pa cover the replacement filters ...?

Do you have a name/number at Mazuma who I could talk to re water filters and maintenance contract?

Thank you.

On 5/22/2019 at 9:38 PM, Bang Bang said:

I'm leaning toward Mazuma too. Questions if I may:

Are you in the Bkk area?

What model do you have?

Did you buy from Mazuma directly or Lazada?

Can you say more about the contract? Does the 1500pa cover the replacement filters ...?

Do you have a name/number at Mazuma who I could talk to re water filters and maintenance contract?

Thank you.

Yes, in Bangkok.

Reverse osmosis model with three cannisters/filter: resin, carbon & sediment. Not sure of model name, number, but could be RO Aqua Fresh 50 GPD?

Bought from Mazuma directly.

THB1500 is annual contract fee for the quarterly filter change, excluding filters, which cost about THB290 each.

International Customer Service: 080 249 5599

Hope this helps.

On 5/22/2019 at 4:00 PM, samtam said:

That is what I would want to the fridge for ice. Also for washing veggies. 

Archived