bank letter

The Chiang Mai Immigration told me you can get it 5 days before,

BUT you must update the bank book on the day you apply for

extension, plus this is Chiang Mai Immigration others maybe

different, so you better check first,with your local I.O.

regards worgeordie

30 minutes ago, JTXR said:

How about at CW?  Is a day or two old ok?

A bank letter done the day before would be accepted. But a bank book update on the date you apply will be required.

Most banks have branches on the ground floor a CW immigration where you can get the letter done on the same day.

9 hours ago, gamini said:

Re bank letter confirming funds in account, how long is it valid. I would like to get it a few days before I apply for my visa extension

You're using the 800k method? Or the 65k/month method?

The age of either method's supporting documentation seems to vary by method and office.

For the 800K method, I recall seeing posts of age limits of three (3) days (maximum). I thought I recall the CW threads as being same-day: account activity (same day deposit/wd), passbook update, then copies made, plus same day letter documenting account ownership.

For the 65K method, I don't recall a lot of threads re: age limit on bank letter certifying qualifying foreign transfers, other than to say a week or two may be required just to get such a document from the bank's HQ for periods greater than six months. A same-day account/passbook activity might be advised, as would a same-day account ownership letter.

"Same-day" activity can be accomplished at CW as most banks have branches there in the basement level, down one floor from Immigration.

9 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Are Bangkok Bank ATM/Bankbook update machines available 24-hours, at least at stand alone banks (i.e., not in a mall)?

They are available outside most branches including those in malls and etc 24 hours a day. 

I have an agent handle my renewals in Pattaya, he tells me to get the bank letter & update my bank book in the morning then bring to him, so they are handed over to immigration that same day. That is how I've done it the past few years. I go the 800K in bank option.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2019 at 1:45 PM, JimGant said:

Are Bangkok Bank ATM/Bankbook update machines available 24-hours, at least at stand alone banks (i.e., not in a mall)?

There are some located in ancillary rooms attached to bank branches which are open 24 hours, alongside ATMs and sometimes cash deposit machines. I know of one over Sukhumvit, Pattaya.