Private hospital in trouble for charging Bt30,000 for diarrhoea

webfact

'greedy entrepreneurs are not happy about this'

of they are not. bc they cannot rip people off easily.

they should jail the manager of that hospital too for ripping patiences off while they are having a treatment which sure they feel vulnerable and pay whatever.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Galactus said:

'greedy entrepreneurs are not happy about this'

of they are not. bc they cannot rip people off easily.

they should jail the manager of that hospital too for ripping patiences off while they are having a treatment which sure they feel vulnerable and pay whatever.

Assume you meant the owner(s) as the managers are just ordinary employees ...

On 5/22/2019 at 3:14 PM, stanleycoin said:

Ok Benmart, just for you.

Got to get some of this stuff for Lady coin.

I have enough of her Dutch Oven jokes.

Yeah! I not stupid enough for a stomach pain or dirahea go private hospital 

On 5/22/2019 at 4:22 AM, webfact said:

affected entrepreneurs are not happy with this regulation

Of course they are not. Their days of making tons of money via blatant cheating and unbridled robbery is about to get stifled.

I had to pay similar charges a couple of years ago to a very well known hospital in Phuket for similar diarrhea treatment, kept me overnight to determine the lab results....

Was given IV, little bit of stomach meds and antibiotic.

Thought it was a crime but what's a foreigner to do?

Make you disgusted and want to throw up!!!

13 hours ago, brianthainess said:

2 teaspoons of powdered cumin is all you need, it works, just have to get the dry powder down yer.  :licklips:

Yeah, E Coli responds really well to cumin powder.... 

If you have diarrhoea for more than 3-4 days, SEE A DOCTOR. 

On 5/22/2019 at 11:59 AM, marcher said:

10 days ago I had a job to breathe in the night and was taken to a hospital in Phuket, Stayed overnight and left after getting a first days bill of B126,000.

Which hospital was that...... so we can all avoid it!

Overcharging the sick. Money and medicine are a bad mix, with some hospitals even listed on the stock exchange what are we to expect.

It remains to be seen how tenacious and effective the Dept of Trade are. Some of these hospitals are making so much money that they would just laugh at the fine.

It is interesting to note that many of the doctors working in high end private hospitals also work in Gov’t hospitals where the same doc can be seen for far less.

Instead of the typical comments, it might be more useful if posters listed hospitals where they got good care at a fair price. I’d start with Ramathibodi usually being ok.

Overcharging?..… Bangkok Pattaya and Bumrungrad.

On 5/21/2019 at 6:37 PM, Crossy said:

Our office canteen can provide diarrhoea on a random basis for 35 Baht, why pay more?

I've gotten it for less in Mexico from a street cart, but that was quite awhile back.

On 5/21/2019 at 7:31 PM, alfalfa19 said:

It seems they are adopting the American business model,  where I was charged 17,000 dollars for one night in the hospital, no operations or medications, and treated like a derelict the entire time.   

My son had a similar bill for about 2 hours in the emergency room.  He beat them out of most of it because of his economic situation at the time, but it still cost a couple thou USD. For the doctor that saw him for a few minutes!

3 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I've gotten it for less in Mexico from a street cart, but that was quite awhile back.

My son had a similar bill for about 2 hours in the emergency room.  He beat them out of most of it because of his economic situation at the time, but it still cost a couple thou USD. For the doctor that saw him for a few minutes!

the american medical industry is the biggest scam in the history of the world. 

On 5/22/2019 at 5:37 AM, Crossy said:

Our office canteen can provide diarrhoea on a random basis for 35 Baht, why pay more?

Reminds me of the old canteen humour peddled by the Two Ronnies...

"A disappointing cancellation tonight: the British Rail catering department’s Christmas party has been postponed until April to give the sandwiches time to ferment"

"I broke a tooth on her gravy"

Archived